Bombing around in the beater Imperial

20190112_092615-jpg.jpg

NO.... Thank you...!

I still have a batch of 8 tracks and a Craig underdash player. Oh, and an 8 track deck for the house system to record....... think I have a couple blank tapes around someplace too.
:lol:
Careful your showing your age:poke: I remember when they changed tracks mid song it seemed like you lost part of the song.

I love that looking over the hood shot.I remember my 77 brougham with the great heating system it had, running through snowy parking lots crashing into snow drifts.I,m sure you will always love your Imp.B.B

Out bombing around with my youngest son, made a swing by my parents house. The old beater is still running like a champ, great heat!
20210102_163617.jpg
20210102_163602.jpg

@BLIMP what do you do in terms of undercoating/rust prevention?

Obviously I’d yku didn’t want it to have major rust you wouldn’t drive it but do you do an undercoating every year? Oil film under spray? No protection?

Well the whole intention when buying this car was to use it year round. I was looking for something that wasn't so nice that it would bother me to drive it in the winter. This imperial was sold new in Boise Idaho. In the early 2000s it made it's way to Atlanta, and later on ended up in Philadelphia. The whole time it was used as daily transportation. When I bought it a few years back, it fit my needs. Dented, worn and rusty, but not in critical areas. The floors and trunk are solid! Still using original brake and fuel lines. But the quarters are rusted out and full of bondo. The roof is rusted around the front/back windows and filled with caulk/bondo. Pretty much all along both sides of the car it has dents and battle scars.
So needless to say, I'm just nursing it along and using it to have fun. It's solid where it needs to be. I've sprayed some used motor oil on the underside where I could reach but that's about it.

Fsvfh.jpg

Out and about again today, listening to Bob Seger on the old 8 track...everyone likes pictures right?
20210107_121921.jpg
20210107_122232.jpg
20210107_121952.jpg
20210107_122037.jpg
20210107_122009.jpg

Northern Illinois, directly along the Interstate 80 corridor near Morris.

I used to drive a truck, been through there many times. Also, I have relatives in that area and I worked in Ottawa when I was first out of college.

Nice, I'm sure there's a chance we know some of the same people then. Worked in Ottawa back in the early 90s along the Illinois river at a mulch factory.

Back