Bought my first NOS part for C Body

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have been into Mopars for over 30 years. Mostly B and E Bodies. With several C Bodies mixed in. I finally bought my first NOS part and it was for a C Body, my 1974 New Yorker. It was the right front turn signal lense. Where are you going to find another? I was excited. Just had to share.

Congrats! It is satisfying to have a shiny "new" part for your classic

Recently I bought an NOS 1974 digital clock. Should work right out of the box. The rear window defroster is inoperable (and I don't need one), so why not put an ahead-of-its-time chronometer in that slot?

Be careful, it can get addictive.
Oh yes indeed!! Over 86 NOS parts used in the Boab's Restoration!!!

It is the thrill of the hunt or the nail biting last ten seconds bidding on ebay! LOL!!

20191014_135023.jpg

Interesting to see a NYer skirt delete and have the proper wheel lip molding for skirt delete.
Needs whitewall tires,LOL!
Congrats on the NOS score..it is very addictive and can be expensive!!

is that the correct molding for a skirt delete? never saw one before, so don't know. looks to be from a newport.
It is correct Newport trim, but a NY would have had skirts as the rear trim was not available on the NY. Skirts were not optional on NY until 78.

From the 74 option list.

74_Chrysler_0020.jpg

No, they are some other type of rear moulding's that came with the car. The first two pictures show the car with the skirts on.

I mix it up between the road wheels without skirts or the steelies/wire wheel hub caps with panties. Lol.

OMG>That car is beautiful.I like the formals without the skirts to.A pretty green color to.You just keep finding and collecting parts for yourself and a future owner.Very few of these cars exist anyway.And all coupes are just to important.Glad it has a great home with you.My last possible project was in 1993,where i found a Newport Custom,Regis Roof,Heavy chrome hexagonal center hubcaps,ac,ps,pw,tilt wheel,Beautiful blue checkered cloth,cloth! interior.Couldn,t afford another project>And it was ziebarted.ziebarted!!.Your car is a stunner.Congrats.I love Newports to!! B.B

Back