Bought Stans New Yorker 4 speed

69Cuda440

Reaction score
I'm Doug Covington from Crosslake Mn where I piss around with some Mopars. Have a 69 Cuda I drag race at BIR, 440 727 torqueflight with the trans break and a 4000 stall runs mid 11's quarter mile. It's an old school hot rod raced all it's life called the "Wild Child". Also currently have a 68 Charger project and a 68 Roadrunner. The Charger has become a total nightmare as I've had it in the shop getting the metal work done. Funny how it went from a super solid foundation to a total fudging nightmare. I'm way too deep in I'm bailing on the project so if anyone is interested it can be bought for a fraction of what I have in it. Enough of that, how I came to this site is from an email I got from Stitcherbob concerning this oddball car I bought. Stans' New Yorker. I'm having a blast going through all the threads on here, you boys are nuts.
Here's the ****, I recently bought the car from the guy in Wisconsin cause it's cool as Hell. I was considering the drivetrain going in the Roadrunner and put a stock set up in the 76 butt........This car is way to cool to mess with so now what. I listed it on ebay, and craigslist thinking big proffit, pffft. Thats where Stitcherbob found me. The car damn near went to Austrailia but the exchange rate drove him off. Then some jackass wanted it in Fla but cried about shipping and the fact I bought it cheap and was making too much. Never mind the fact I've stuck a ton of time and some parts in the car to kinda bring it back to repectable, and it is. After countless hours in the shop we actually won a car show with it at BIR, but it's a small event with not a lot of cars in the class and a racer freindly show so wtf. I is damn nice now though but needs a few things I hope you boys can help me with. I do have a potential buyer for it today, but if he does not come through I'm keeping it and it will be perfect again, and who knows it may find it's place in a magazine like Comander1 feels it should be. I'm yanking it from Ebay today and I sorta hope this sale falls through as I am getting attatched to the thing. I was going to sell it and put the money toward the Charger but I cant do that. Lets chat!

Stan's NYB is a bit of a legend, for certain. I had tossed around getting that back when Stan owned the car, but never did. It's unique. He did a LOT to that car, as you know. I think you'll have a lot of fun with that car. Hang onto it for a while!

I'm going to try if this sale falls through, I'll know today. I'd rather knock the Charger in the head and make this thing even more amazing. I intend to finish it as right as I can and cruise to sunny Fla and find Stan, that is if he wants to drive her again? 76.jpg761.jpg

76.jpg

761.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Congrats!

It needs a Wikipedia entry.

Thanks you guys and good to hear from you Comander1, I'm glad I bought this car and I'm keeping it! I am now a C body guy, who'd a thunk it. Wait till you hear my plans in the works, you guys will be all over my ***. I ordered the Hurst decals similar to the 300 Hurst edition, yepppp. Might paint the top and the scoops the Hurst tan color, who knows. Might not do **** to it but drive it and Love it. I am going to run it down the quarter mile here at BIR to show you all what it's truly got. Proud to be a member, thanks guys.

Welcome to the site. Hope you keep and enjoy the car. Looking forward to hearing about its next chapter.

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you're keeping it! Look forward to more pics, and seeing what you do with her.

Welcome! Kill the scoops with fire, it's what that car needs the most cosmetically at this point. Scoops are just wrong on a NYB.

Before we kill those scoops with fire maybe see if those are original Mopar scoops. They look like something off of a Duster or Dart but if they are just Shitty Auto zone scoops then yea go to town on them!

Back