Brake Booster Help

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My local rebuilder says he can't get parts to rebuild the booster in my 1974 Monaco wagon. Tomorrow I will contact "Booster Dewey" but looking at his website my booster isn't listed. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find one if Dewey can't help me? Here's pictures of it.
20230126_155015.jpg
20230126_155009.jpg
20230126_155002.jpg

Booster Dewey should be able to fix it. Looks to be a Bendix single diaphragm unit about '70-'74. Used with 4 wheel drum brakes on many applications. Also used as a replacement unit for Midland-Ross units. Looks to have been rebuilt at least once before because there is peeled paint that has been painted over.

Dave

If memory serves, the wagon booster is the same as a police unit. But I’m pretty foggy on this stuff.

Booster Dewey should be able to fix it. Looks to be a Bendix single diaphragm unit about '70-'74. Used with 4 wheel drum brakes on many applications. Also used as a replacement unit for Midland-Ross units. Looks to have been rebuilt at least once before because there is peeled paint that has been painted over.

Dave
Yes it's a 74 but it does have front discs.

Dave

That's not the drum-brake booster from that era, it is way too thick.
And this is the single-diaphragm disk-brake unit of 71-73 (I'm sure on the 71 and pretty sure on the 73).
The thicker one above looks like the 'Formal' booster, so that would be '74-78? (and would therefore be disk only)

5473702-bot__ra_p.jpg
5473702-lef__ra_p.jpg

That's not the drum-brake booster from that era, it is way too thick.
And this is the single-diaphragm disk-brake unit of 71-73 (I'm sure on the 71 and pretty sure on the 73).
The thicker one above looks like the 'Formal' booster, so that would be '74-78? (and would therefore be disk only)

View attachment 578508View attachment 578509
Yes it is a formal. Rock Auto has a listing but it's Out of stock just like all the other places I found. This one is at Autoplicity also out of stock.
05542623_0.jpg

This is what was on my 69 when I got it. Absolutely no problems with it. It is yours for the taking.
Booster.jpg

Alan

BTW, Booster Steve retired and it's now Booster Mark in charge...

Also, moved from Oregon to Lynnwood Washington.....

I have a hard enough time remembering that I'm retired, let alone keeping track of people on the other coast.

BTW, Booster Steve retired and it's now Booster Mark in charge...

Also, moved from Oregon to Lynnwood Washington.....

That must have been fairly recent. I spoke to Booster Steve in October December 2021 (when he called to tell me my booster was ready to ship) about their future plans of getting into master cylinders and other such services.

Back