Brake booster question...

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Will 1968 & 1969 Chrysler power disc brake boosters, (bendix type), interchange.....? The 1969 parts book shows part # 2883091. Does anyone have a 68 parts book and can reference the PDB booster number....?

Thanks,.

68-booster-info.jpg is this it ?

68-booster-info.jpg

I dunno I don't have an interchange book yet :/

but I do know that the pushrods are different for sure,, ive seen stuff like 7C and 9CD, etc,, and cannot find out what that means yet..

not sure what you are up to over there - just replacing boosters, or changing over to disc, or what, but im using the stock single diaphragm booster (original midland-ross drum/drum unit) on a disc/drum dual MC and it works OK.

not sure what you are up to over there - just replacing boosters, or changing over to disc, or what, but im using the stock single diaphragm booster (original midland-ross drum/drum unit) on a disc/drum dual MC and it works OK.
I'm converting my 69 300 from power drum to power disc using all the componants from a 69 300 pars car. The parts car had suffered a underhood fire that pretty well cooked the booster.
The fact that you retained the drum, (midland-ross), booster and cylinder and it works ok is huge to me........ That would eliminate a bunch of expense and work.

It could be a difference in pushrod length between 68-69. I think the 68's used a four piston caliper and the 69's used a single piston. Not sure if the pushrods are interchangable but the booster is likely the same.

I think i'll go ahead with the swap and deal with the booster if I need to.

Back