Brake light gremlins

70NPORT

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well this is a first for me, never had to deal with any electrical gremlins before. Situation: 20amp fuse protecting the brake lights (also protects door buzzer, dome/interior lights, etc.) is continuously burning out. I know the fuse has popped when I open the door with key still in the ignition and the buzzer is silent. Any suggestions as to where to start looking for the fault?:silent:

Without a factory service manual with the wiring diagram, damn near impossible to tell you where to start.
So you look at every item on the circuit and start chasing back from there to the fuse box with a test light.
Dave has a test light you can borrow....

Without a factory service manual with the wiring diagram, damn near impossible to tell you where to start.
So you look at every item on the circuit and start chasing back from there to the fuse box with a test light.
Dave has a test light you can borrow....

Damn, I was afraid someone was gonna say that. Wishful thinking hoping there was a common problem/spot among fuselage cars, but thanks.......already got a test light.

Ahhh, found the culprit. Frayed wiring just touching the framing around the fixture itself.

IMG_6205.jpg

Back