Brake repadding?

67furyfasttop

Reaction score
Just curious if this is possible or if there is someone who repads the brake pads?
Asking because pads for the rare budds 4 cylinder calipers are hard to find. I have found them but holding on to my old ones in case this is an option.

Just curious if this is possible or if there is someone who repads the brake pads?
Asking because pads for the rare budds 4 cylinder calipers are hard to find. I have found them but holding on to my old ones in case this is an option.
Fleetpride. They’re in many states, this was when I was working in Az. They rebuild all types of brake components. We use them for our dealer exchange program. They do calipers shoes slack adjusters etc etc. They even do driveshafts from scratch they’re a great resource. A one off might be expensive but maybe they can source the parts and do a run. Yah never know. Good luck w your project.

When I restored my old 68 Coronet vert it was a disc brake, 4 piston brake caliper car and I could not find new brake pads. So a local shop said they could re=pad the old units, well when I went to pick them up the pads I got looked like they used a grinder to cut a piece of metal in the "approx" shape of the OEM pads and then new pad material on it. I told them that is not what I paid for and wanted my old ones back...they had tossed, or lost them? Anyway I had to track down a NOS set and then make those guys pay for them.

Hope this company treats you better. ;)

Yes, if you can't find NOS D10 pads (they come up once in a while) you're into re-bonding what you have.

Around where I live the shops that re-bond clutches for semi trailers also will re-bond brake shoes/ pads.

I'm sure you'll have an option close to you...just google brake pad re-bonding and then your city and the options pop up.

Thanks. I have bought a set on this site and he may have had more. I'm just thinking ahead so I can either scoop up another set or get the old ones repadded and swap eventually. With all things hard to find or expensive on this year, these are things I think about.

Thanks. I have bought a set on this site and he may have had more. I'm just thinking ahead so I can either scoop up another set or get the old ones repadded and swap eventually. With all things hard to find or expensive on this year, these are things I think about.
The re-padded pads that you purchased from me, i had done decades ago.
That company no longer exists, and changed names, changed ownership, way back, when Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble were still driving around. lol
I'm sure there are modern day companies that do that service, and that's where GOOGLE is a big help in the modern internet world.

Very familiar with Google....
but not alot of hits so im thinking maybe there arent many people doing it nowadays. Either way I was given a few leads. Thanks

Back