breakConversion kit

Serge Lapointe

Reaction score
Hi i just bought a SSBC front disk conversion kit for my 64 newport. It is a power drum and the kit is for a non power break. They say it will fit

Do i have any modifications to do with my break peadle assembly or wit my booster.

Somebody allready fitted that on there car...??

Thank you

Serge

Hi i just bought a SSBC front disk conversion kit for my 64 newport. It is a power drum and the kit is for a non power break. They say it will fit

Do i have any modifications to do with my break peadle assembly or wit my booster.

Thank you

Serge

The full size SSBC Chrysler 4 piston conversion kit (A154-5) would appear to be a universal kit that will work with either a standard or power brakes. You should not have to modify the pedal or the booster other than to adjust the travel rod. Check to be sure you car has 3/16" brake tubing to the front brakes. Check it carefully for rust as the disc brake systems have significantly higher operating pressures than standard brakes.

Dave

Thank you

Serge
WELCOME SERGE!!
A lot of good people here!
Just what Dave said X2

Folks,Meet my good friend Serge. I worked on his wife's 68 Dart GT 'vert back in 2016 .
Serge is a great guy and hails from Quebec Canada so excuse his English and keyboard grammar.
So let's help him out when we can with his car...and maybe some spelling,LOL!!!
Sorry for blurry pics.
68 dart 011.JPG

68 dart 008.JPG

car stuff dec 2015 025.JPG

Welcome! In general, the power and non-power brake items were limited to what hangs from the firewall, on both sides. Spindles and other suspension items were not usually a part of the mix, especially on 1960s and later models, AFAIK.

I suspect that most of these kits are indeed more universal in nature, with possibly a few things to customize them to a particular model of vehicle. There might be a few things that might need a little tweaking, but not major things.

Keep us posted, with pictures, please.

CBODY67

WELCOME SERGE!!
A lot of good people here!
Just what Dave said X2

Folks,Meet my good friend Serge. I worked on his wife's 68 Dart GT 'vert back in 2016 .
Serge is a great guy and hails from Quebec Canada so excuse his English and keyboard grammar.
So let's help him out when we can with his car...and maybe some spelling,LOL!!!
Sorry for blurry pics
View attachment 248436
View attachment 248438
View attachment 248439
hi Mr cbarge.. how are you...yes..Sorry for my english..i Will put picture of the transformation. should recived the kit soon ..thanks again for your help for thé dart.., was really appreciated.
Will keep you posted.
serge
received_10215649195969409.jpeg

serge

Back