Broken studs on diecast emblem

SGT FURY

Reaction score
Is there a way to reattach broken studs on a diecast emblem?

image.jpeg

in short.. NO... Have it recast...
However..
In the past I have used a mini drill press and drilled
broken studs and threaded it for a 2-56 bolt..
The bolts come in various lengths..
1648572946242.png

Last edited:
As said, short answer is no.

If you can't find another good one, I'd try grinding a bolt down so the head is real thin and epoxying it to the emblem. Basically bury the heads in epoxy. Then maybe back it up with double sided tape.

Or... Just use the double side emblem tape. There's a thin version. Maybe fill the back of the emblem with epoxy to give the tape a lot of surface to stick to. I think that might be how I would do it. With the proper prep, the tape is very strong.

If using glue to glue it on,,
epoxy is not a good choice.. It get very hard and in time cracks.
And if it ever needs to be removed is a major pain and pretty much messes up any painted surface.
Better choice would be to use Shoe-Goo..
Bonds well, stays sorta flexible, and is reasonably easy to remove if need be..
1648577765867.png

If using glue to glue it on,,
epoxy is not a good choice.. It get very hard and in time cracks.
And if it ever needs to be removed is a major pain and pretty much messes up any painted surface.
Better choice would be to use Shoe-Goo..
Bonds well, stays sorta flexible, and is reasonably easy to remove if need be..
View attachment 523010
IMHO, E-6000 is a better product. It's thinner so it spreads easier and doesn't set up quite as fast. Basically the same stuff otherwise as far as strength etc.

I'm not quite convinced that it's the way to go with the emblems, but I have used both Shoe Goo and E-6000 as "problem solvers".

Making sure I'm clear, my thought with the epoxy is to fill the back so it's flush and then maybe file to flatten if needed. Stick the double sided tape to that. There's some epoxies out there that work fantastic. I glued a coffee cup handle back on with Milliput epoxy once to try it and it's been a few years of constant use and dishwasher cleaning.

1648582944720.png

Was watching this episode of Cold War motors.
They show a good way of reattaching a broken mounting pins.

Back