For Sale Broker listed '65 NYer 2dr for $12,998. Illinois. NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
Apologies for breaking rule of two posts in this section in one day. But this one looks sure to be conversation piece. It looks very clean but I'm reckoning that interior isn't winning any points on originality.

1965 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER Base | Glendale Heights , ILLINOIS | Trusted Auto Brokers - IL - 60139

UDwhZnrB_t.jpg
GdpEJKXM_t.jpg
2lQfOQ3F_t.jpg
UEqG1oqC_t.jpg
iQ81mYyA_t.jpg
CoU4xHQr_t.jpg
mfTaIf1h_t.jpg
M4h3hWGg_t.jpg

This car has been for sale for several years. The same buttons have been missing on the front and rear seats since the first time I saw the listing. I know this may seem trivial and an easy fix, but if an obvious cosmetic item is ignored by a seller, that always makes me suspicious as to what other important maintenance has been ignored or done in a half-assed manner. Not a fan of the car and it will take a buyer who can accept the reupholstery choice, but at about half the asking price. $13 grand seems steep.

The non-stock inter is very "busy" and I do not care for the wheels. Some pitting on the front bumper and air cleaner is aftermarket. I still think this car, given its clean appearance, will still probably sell for something above the average but not near the asking price to some one who wants a big, turn key cruiser. Would be curious to know if any mechanical repairs have been done and little information is supplied in the ad. Clearly not a 16k car, more likely 116k. Looks to also have a fresh repaint, so a bondo inspection is needed. As noted, this car has been for sale for a long time which would suggest that there might be issues other than the high asking price.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back