Brought to you by....

furyus 67

Reaction score
Lovely Lake Michigan! My view for the next couple of days! Lucky me!!

image.jpg

Sad to think in a Few weeks it will be too cold to watch that view.........I REALLY hate winter...

I hear ya Zach!! Not a fan myself! Oscoda is almost a straight shot on the other side of the state Tim. I've got some family near Oscoda. It's beautiful there too. As I kid I would have rather have lived in any other state . As an adult, I realize what the ole mitten has to offer! Beauty!!

I sold my 55' Plymouth to a really nice guy there, and delivered it to him. I had a great time! He said there is a guy up the road a bit that started racing the first Hemi's in a 49' Plymouth. I don't remember the group, but it was a bunch of Guys who worked for Chrysler I believe. Anyone remember the name? People followed me half way thru Michigan, even the cops, looking at that 55' coupe on the trailer. It was a nice Turquoise sedan. Lots of fun at the gas station! Lots of Canadians, they sure talk funny! HA HA

I remember now, the Ramchargers, Billy shope. sorry for the edit!

Yes, I remembered the pictures on the Guys wall with that car on it. He had a 58' Savoy I believe with a 392 hemi in it in the garage when I got there. Maybe a 59'. He offered to take me up to meet him at the gentlemans place, but it was 900 miles back to Omaha. Plus, my high school girlfriend lived in Ann Arbor, so getting out of Michigan asap was a good thing for me!

I love Michigan and feel very lucky to live in the Great Lake state! We're heading "up north" next weekend. Enjoy your time up there!

I'll be in Green Bay during October 10-17th. Packers vs Rams and some fishing if it isn't too cold. LOL!

Definitely lucky Matt! Some of the biggest fresh water lakes in the world, forests and state parks that are just beautiful . We come here to Arcadia once a year, there's usually a couple trips to traverse city where I've got more cousins than I can count. I love it for sure. I'd also love to jump across this lake snd check out Green Bay bob! I like some cheese!!

Last edited:
I've been all over the states back when I used to travel for work doing auto show displays and there are only a couple of places I've been that really intrigued me as Michigan does.

Definitely lucky Matt! Some of the biggest fresh water lakes in the world, forests and state parks that are just beautiful . We come here to Arcadia once a year, there's usually a couple trips to traverse city where I've got more cousins than I can count. I love it for sure. I'd also love to jump across this lake snd check out Green Bay bob! I like some cheese!!

Check out these places if you want World Class food from Wisconsin....

American Presidents and royalty from around the world eat the food from these places. I'm not kidding.......articles in the Milwaukee paper over the years. The prices on the internet are a lot higher than walk in the store prices. Usinger's even has 10% off for senior's on Wednesday's I believe. I always take 2 giant cooler's with me every time I go to Wisconsin and pack up full with a couple of bricks of dry ice and I have this great stuff available year round in Maryland. Don't freeze the cheese! LOL!

Go here for bratwurst (Sheboygan, Wisconsin)....

http://miesfelds.com/wp/

Go here for fresh smoked Kielbasa, polish sausage, etc. In business in Milwaukee since 1956 with family secret recipes from Germany...

http://www.klements.com/

My favorite! Go here for bratwurst, wieners, ring bologna, wurst, etc. Migrated here from Germany in 1880. Picture of my NYB parked in front of the place.

http://www.usinger.com/

DSC03402.jpg

The best cheese on the planet. Has to be Widmer brick cheese. You cn get it almost anywhere in Wisconsin...

http://www.widmerscheese.com/

DSC03402.jpg

I've been all over the states back when I used to travel for work doing auto show displays and there are only a couple of places I've been that really intrigued me as Michigan does.

Roger that. I want to take the big trip all the way around Lake Michigan to the north over the Mackinaw bridge to Wisconsin....I haven't done that yet. I was going to do that last time I saw you in Detroit but we had a hell of a snow storm when we left you so I decided to take the southern route around Chicago.

Back