bucket seat foam padding

Mark McD

Reaction score
Hello all, I would be grateful to anyone who would tell me where I might find contoured seat foam for the bucket seats in my 1969 Chrysler 300. I am looking to put new seat covers on and cannot locate seat foam anywhere. Thanks.

I'd ask one of the companies that have the upholstery material where they suggest you get new foam buns. Maybe the buns for the same year B-body would work?

Hello all, I would be grateful to anyone who would tell me where I might find contoured seat foam for the bucket seats in my 1969 Chrysler 300. I am looking to put new seat covers on and cannot locate seat foam anywhere. Thanks.
Bought my seat buns from PG Classic Restoration Parts. Not a exact fit, but very close. Had to and a little foam to the rear seat back for a perfect fit. First pic is before new seat buns.

s-l160012.jpg

20180226_101953.jpg

Last edited:
@Mark McD , Just a suggestion, but before spending the extra money on the new seat foam, try using a steamer to your existing foam. You'd be amazed how it comes back to life.
I just had the seats reupholstered on a set of bucket seats, using the old foam before the seats were covered, and after sitting in them, they feel like new again.
The upholstery guy said the original foam is much better quality than the stuff produced today, and no need to make any modifications to the foam.
If your current foam have any large chuncks missing, you can cut new foam to fill in the gaps.
Seats in3.jpg

I thought the C-body seats were wider and longer than the B-body seats.

If that isn't true, why do they limit the application to '69 when a '70 seat is pretty much the same? We can see that @david hill 's car has '70 seats. How close are the B-body buns? If I pay $300+ for buns, they should be better than close.

I'd really like to know this.... The seat foam in my '70 300 has been crumbling for a while now and I've been putting off removing the legendary covers that were put on a couple owners ago. Based on that guy's other interior work, I'm kind of afraid what I'm going to find. I was planning to buy some good foam from Perfect Fit or someone like that (don't waste your time on fabric shop foam) and build up the form and trim it down to fit.

Upholstery Foam Padding & Batting, Upholstery Padding Sheets & Cut Foam

Great info. You've all given me some good options to think about. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Back