Bucket seat question....

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Thinking of going to buckets/ buddy seat in my 68 T/C wagon and wondering what years and cars would I be looking at? I assume 66-68 across all the platforms would most likely be the same, but might be just the 67/68 with 66 being a slightly different animal? I have a C-body buddy seat and floor brackets from a parts car so I would just need the bucket seats....brackets don't really matter since I'll probably be adding modern power seat assemblies anyway, at least on the driver side.

Just looking for clarification on this....Thanks!

66 and 67 have metal trim pieces, with an insert on the seat back. They went to plastic in 68.

Find yourself some ‘67 Imp buckets.:thumbsup:

There was a wagon floating around some years ago that had seats and consoles (front and rear) from a 66 or 67 Charger.
IIRC it was a gold 67 Fury.
That would be more costly to find the cores, but there ought to be some repro seatcovers available, possible in your required color - so that's a benefit.
And it will look like it was factory, too.

I realize that's a little more than what you're asking about, but it's food.

Here is a pic of the buckets in my 69 Newport, manufacture date Nov 7, 1968. Hope that helps.

16547297273595464777703825300665.jpg

The '66-'67 Charger buckets might be neat, plus the back ones fold flat for a flat cargo floor on the Chargers, which might match-up reasonably well with the C-body load floor?

Back