Budd brake system help

Reaction score
I got new rotors from dura brake, new calipers from rock auto and new pads from eBay.
I have everything put together except the pads and calipers. Is there a trick to keeping the pistons in the caliper and pads seated so I can get them over the rotor and bolted up?

Thanks for your help all

My calipers came back from the rebuilder with rigid foam blocks keeping the pistons in place. That same foam block will pop out the top of the caliper as you slide it over the rotor.

Well then get yourself a block of something(wood, foam etc.) that’s a bit thicker than the rotor and not too long to be pushed out the top of the caliper as it slides over the rotor.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to offer guidance, but CAN tell you from experience that the Budd brakes ARE worth their headaches, and you'll experience the same every time you need to bring your C-body to a stop. Hope that gives you a little encouragement at any rate. Good luck with the installation.

I’ve read that the budd braking system is pretty good.
I would have to pay a lot of money to switch over to a different system since the spindles won’t fit any aftermarket kits. I drove on it for awhile before replacing the brakes seems good to me.

I love my Buds brakes.:thumbsup:

Back