Build sheet

Droptop 500

Reaction score
ok everyone I am having a complete interior job done plus a new convertible top put on.so I stopped by the place that is doing the work and they were in the process of removing the seats when I got there so I decided to stay a little while. So as he was removing the front seat we decided to look under the carpet and bottom of the seat but to no avail so he took the seat back of and there it was. So question is since its been folded up fo so long what is the best way to prep it so I can unfold it thanks in advance also I tried to upload a pic but it won’t let me

723194AD-1B5D-4C4D-ADD9-05909FC626EA.jpeg

Probably going to be pretty brittle...just spit balling here.....

Do you live in a humid area leave it outside in the shade?

Maybe leave it out on the counter in the bathroom during a shower so it can absorb some humidity?

Hopefully someone has dealt with a folded build sheet and got it open successfully. ;)

Very carefully! Unfold it and put it back in the clear cover. Some people laminate theirs after they remove it from the car. They do get brittle as they sit.

Nice find. I recently found mine under the rear seat. Unfortunately some one had removed it from the springs of the seat and placed it in a zip-loc bag in what looks like 30 pieces. I have not taken it out of the bag. My wife likes puzzles, so she promised to put it together for me. That's good because I have little patience for the tedious, I would probably destroy what's left of it.

Well I took into the bathroom after I got it nice and steamy and had my wife unfold it and slide it into the cover and I am going to have it laminated thanks so much for all your insight

image.jpg

get an acid free cover for it or the letters will disappear.. and never let the sun see it!

Well I haven’t laminated it yet as the manager at the office supply store said that he thought that the heat would damage it So I guess its back to the drawing board as they say and I have no clue where I would get a acid free cover any help would be appreciated also I included a pic of where we found it

F2E21EC8-9C46-4E92-9947-6F4EC24CCDBE.jpeg

Don’t laminate Broadcast Sheets!

You are covering up traces that tell us it is original. Make a copy, color or not and pull that out to look at and read. Put the original away in a safe place, like a safe!

I agree, never laminate them. I think I bought the acid free covers at Staples.

Make a few copies and put the original back in the car. That way you know it is protected from light.

Yes but is also not protected from heat, cold, humidity, critters, fire (heaven forbid!), stupidity of faulty carbon units, etc. I would make a few colour copies and then put one back in the car...write in small letters on one of the corners that this is a copy though. ;)

I keep a three ring binder with acid free sheet protectors for every car I'm caretaker for. It will contain any paperwork I got with the car, the original broadcast sheet, a copy of the fender tag with a break down sheet and all receipts for the car.
A couple copy's of the broadcast sheet are helpful for reference and for labeling each code on. It's just fun.

OK everyone hold on to your hats cause this is about to get crazy. after closer examination of the build sheet I discovered its not for my car. I know what your thinking you read it wrong, your goofy, you got bad eyes ect.... but its true everything matches my car down to the paint color except the sequence number. according to my vin my car was built about 6000 units ahead of the one on the build sheet. I am the 2nd owner of this car and I know the seat where the build sheet was found was never replaced at least since the original owner took possession of the car. So if anybody would like to add some theories please feel free to chime in. now I emailed Chrysler historical society but I haven't heard back from them back in late February.

OK everyone hold on to your hats cause this is about to get crazy. after closer examination of the build sheet I discovered its not for my car. I know what your thinking you read it wrong, your goofy, you got bad eyes ect.... but its true everything matches my car down to the paint color except the sequence number. according to my vin my car was built about 6000 units ahead of the one on the build sheet. I am the 2nd owner of this car and I know the seat where the build sheet was found was never replaced at least since the original owner took possession of the car. So if anybody would like to add some theories please feel free to chime in. now I emailed Chrysler historical society but I haven't heard back from them back in late February.

That’s very common if your car has the same trim level listed on the BS.

A seat is a seat. If the sheet calls for a black seat in that trim configuration, the installer is going to grab one that is correct, not take the time to match up the BS and find the one “right” for the car. That would take unnecessary time.

No garbage cans on the assembly line, that’s why the sheets stayed with the cars at all. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

No garbage cans on the assembly line, that’s why the sheets stayed with the cars at all. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

Different plants did things differently. It’s not as common to find sheets in cars built at the LA plant as it is other plants. Apparently, they had trash cans and the sheets were tossed.

Back