Building a car moving dolly

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Got this boat trailer I was cutting up for scrap. I was thinking cutting up this wasted 61 sub frame and welding the end to the end of boat trailer. When get to the point in my 61 ply restoration where I will be removing sub frame I will bolt in stock bolt holes and still be able move rolling body onto trailers or around shop or wherever.? Think it will work?
I have some fabrication to do.

Neat idea Ken but it would probably be easier to fab some big swivel casters to plates that bolt to those forward stub frame mounts. That way not only could you roll it around easier, you could spin circles with it.

Probably doesn't help any, but here is the body cart for my challenger.

20191009_095046_HDR.jpg

Garden hoses only count, sneaky look-a-like electrical extension cords also don't count.
The HOSE TRI-FECTA is of course hose, + 5 gallon plastic pail (must be filled with soapy water & bonus points if paid for Home Depot branded) + ShopVac!

:thumbsup::lol:

Somebody with ties to the local Marina here ask me if I knew about boats when they learned I was a mechanic, my reply was "Yea they are a hole in the water you pour money into". Kind of like C-bodies eh? I think you need to get a boat for that trailer!

:rofl:

Back