Bulkhead Connector

Electrical & Ignition

1. 5fty7vn

5fty7vn New Member

Anyone know where I can find a bulkhead connector for a 1966 Newport? I need the top connector with the notch on the top, left side.

Also looking for a good terminal wire crimper if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Newport 66

Newport 66 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I might have one. Let me search the inventory.

3. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

@Big_John is good for having sources for this type of stuff. I think these are called Packard connectors maybe.

4. Polara_500

Polara_500 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I think he's looking for the plastic housing, not the individual connectors although he may end up needing some of those also.

5. bluefury361

bluefury361 Old Man with a Hat

The red amp gage feed wire has been problematic at the bulkhead connector for most older mopars. Resistance at the connector there causes heat which can melt the plastic connector. In the past I've drilled the bulkhead connector at that receptical and ran a solid wire through it to the amp gage.

6. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

Depending on what "left" is, there are some that are pretty economical on eBay, but I think that's not the one you want.

NOS MoPar Bulkhead Connector 1967-1976 Barracuda Valiant Duster Dart Right Index | eBay

or this

NEW 66-76 Plymouth Dodge Chrysler A B C body Firewall Bulkhead Wiring Connectors | eBay

Do a search on eBay for "Mopar Bulkhead connectors" to see what else is there.

I have one of these crimpers and it's OK. Not great... But unless you start spending some $$$, it's about as good as it gets.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050KDKUC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. Mike66Chryslers

Mike66Chryslers Well-Known Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  8. Gerald Morris

Gerald Morris Well-Known Member

I say DITCH the old bulkhead connector in its entirety and go to straight connections for the power circuits and a screw bus for some others. I'd put the fuses/breakers up where breaching the firewall in the event of changing the bulkhead connector then too. I will do as much with mine, when warranted.