C-bodies in France.

Welcome to the site. very nice cars. My mother in law and sister in law will be flying to France in September. My mother in law recently found out she has a brother in France, her father was stationed there. in the 40's.

General consensus was early cars didn't have them on the tag but were on the build sheet..........

So, how can a car have an option like the A12 and it not be on the Broadcast sheet? OR any option for that matter...Unless it was dealer installed

I knew I know your Imperial from somewhere ;)

[video=youtube_share;raX4svdA-54]http://youtu.be/raX4svdA-54[/video]

:D

by the way, the worst point on this car is the trunk, the side and back inside covers are either in bad shape or missing.
If someone has some for sale...

You mean the cardboard panels? Mine are yunk too, but the shape is intact, so I'm going to make new ones from cartboard.

004.jpg

004.jpg

yes i mean the cartbord panels.
What type of cartbord is the closest to original ?

I have a huge artist wholesale near by and they sell a black coated solid board (I'm not sure if this is the right translation?!) It's "beschichtete vollpappe" in german. Maybe you can find the correct counterpart in france!

I have a huge artist wholesale near by and they sell a black coated solid board (I'm not sure if this is the right translation?!) It's "beschichtete vollpappe" in german. Maybe you can find the correct counterpart in france!

I don't think "bullshit wall paper" is what he's looking for Vodka

yes i mean the cartbord panels.
What type of cartbord is the closest to original ?

I don't think "bullshit wall paper" is what he's looking for Vodka

bullshit wall paper... ya...

It's just cardboard... and what I found looks and feels like the stock material... I will use it... If someone prefer to pay stupid money for NOS pieces if he can find some, good luck...

In my Imperial, it's the same material as the golve box. And even the FSM call it "cardboard type material"... It's deninitely not Masonite, it's just heavy cardboard.

For whatever reason.....!

bullshit wall paper.jpg

bullshit wall paper.jpg

bullshit wall paper... ya...

It's just cardboard... and what I found looks and feels like the stock material... I will use it... If someone prefer to pay stupid money for NOS pieces if he can find some, good luck...

Just kidding Vodka you are right about the materiel. I was just playing on the German words that started with B and W .. sorry I forgot the big smiley face grin.gif

My sincere apologies if I offended

grin.gif

Never mind. I'm just not good at understanding of sarcasm in foreign languages!

I need a
12 - 1.jpg
sign sometimes ;)

12 - 1.jpg

some work I did on the Hurst :

carpet replacment.

the old carpet :
Image_1.jpgImage_2.jpg
As you can see, enough is enough.
It took me a lot of time to choose the right color. But Dante from dante's parts helped me.
I choose 521 med saddle and it is a perfect match.

Image_3.jpgImage_4.jpg

some light rust on the floor but nothing really bad i am lucky this time.
I removed the rust as I could but I didn't paint the whole floors, just rusted areas. Just because I did not had the perfect paint color ( just a common white anti rust paint ) so it will have to be redone later.

the new one :

it fits perfectly
IMG_0384 [1024x768].jpgIMG_0387 [1024x768].jpg

the hardest thing to do are the seatbelts.
IMG_0394 [1024x768].jpg

no particular problem with front.
IMG_0395 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0399 [1024x768].jpg

Image_1.jpg

Image_2.jpg

Image_3.jpg

Image_4.jpg

IMG_0384 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0387 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0394 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0395 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_0399 [1024x768].jpg

Next work will be the the trunk floor.

i will keep the center section : I removed the gas tank and I discovered that it is perfect under it, with original paint. so I will only cut left and right section that are rotten. i will sand the rusted frame to see if I can repair it. A friend will help me, he is a metal worker ( but not in cars !! ) and has a folding machine, everything to cut and weld.

IMG_1413 [1024x768].jpgIMG_1412 [1024x768].jpgIMG_1414 [1024x768].jpg

basically the plan is that :

IMG_1414 2.jpg

I think I will buy the extentions from this site :

http://www.c2cfabrication.com/store/1965-71-chrysler-300-trunk-extension-pair/

but the whole trunk floor does not appear to be a perfect match...

i will just have to find the part between the extension and the center section.
what do you think ?

IMG_1413 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_1412 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_1414 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_1414 2.jpg

Last edited:
some digging with the imperial today..

default-image_8-big.jpg

I was blocked by a tree at Front. I had to cut the tree to get out of that..

default-image_9-big.jpg

that's how you know you have a sure grip :icon_lol:

Back