c bodies... kinda grow on you.

RCB

Reaction score
So I never had really looked at c bodies beyond general appreciation except for the 70/71 sport fury. Then since finding the 65 fury wagon a few weeks ago, I now also have 4 door hard top. I now also find myself scanning for c bodies. For lack of a better word, it's a lot more fun than I've had with cars for quite some time. There are still things to be found unlike the a and b bodies and definitely a lot less stress.

And these days I would bet more rare to see.

Ive had a C body in 2/3rds of my life ...... I couldnt imagine life without them.
It sounds like youve been bitten, it happens to the best of us

So I never had really looked at c bodies beyond general appreciation except for the 70/71 sport fury. Then since finding the 65 fury wagon a few weeks ago, I now also have 4 door hard top. I now also find myself scanning for c bodies. For lack of a better word, it's a lot more fun than I've had with cars for quite some time. There are still things to be found unlike the a and b bodies and definitely a lot less stress.

In my case, They didn't wear on me ..... I got slapped in the face. A 64 300 convertible showed me what a POS my B body's were. It was so user friendly I didn't even want to drive the A12, or the GTX anymore.
I still have one B body, my 65 Coronet 500 convertible, but it doesn't get much road time now and I think it's time to find a new caretaker for her.

I started with E bodies when I was coming out of high school ( early 2000s) because I ran into some money and everyone was telling me to invest. It paid off because I sold my ol BB 70 cuda for triple what I had into it ( I don't regret selling it either) and that is how I graduated college with no debt.

Then I needed a daily driver and got into a 72 dart. I have had an ongoing and current love affair with A-bodies, I will be an A-body fanatic for life.

I also got bit really hard with the old car bug so I have been through and still have a couple B-bodies, I have nothing against them.

I had a Fusey Fury before about 5 years ago and at the time, there were less parts available and I was thinking in a younger mind and I let it go thinking I would never get into C-bodies again.

Then suddenly now on a cold January 2017 day, I come across an opportunity to get my 66 Polara 500. Its love at first sight, nobody ever told how absolutely cool slab side cars are. I love it

CIMG0107.JPG

Desert Polara Best small rani.jpg

I had a 74 cuda but had to sell it in college to pay for books. It needed work but wasn't horrible. Got 400 out of it after having it for sale for a year. That was 97. Looking back I should have kept it but as I was flying solo I made plenty of other foolish choices too.

I gotta say, I started in on Cbodies in my late teens/early twenties. First one was a 69 Sport Fury followed by a 68 Monaco... after the Monaco sold, C Bodies WERE slab sides to me. Since being back on this forum however, I look for all of them and have become enamored with more than I ever thought I would. Quite addictive.

I started with E bodies when I was coming out of high school ( early 2000s) because I ran into some money and everyone was telling me to invest. It paid off because I sold my ol BB 70 cuda for triple what I had into it ( I don't regret selling it either) and that is how I graduated college with no debt.

Then I needed a daily driver and got into a 72 dart. I have had an ongoing and current love affair with A-bodies, I will be an A-body fanatic for life.

I also got bit really hard with the old car bug so I have been through and still have a couple B-bodies, I have nothing against them.

I had a Fusey Fury before about 5 years ago and at the time, there were less parts available and I was thinking in a younger mind and I let it go thinking I would never get into C-bodies again.

Then suddenly now on a cold January 2017 day, I come across an opportunity to get my 66 Polara 500. Its love at first sight, nobody ever told how absolutely cool slab side cars are. I love it
And that's one of the coolest!

Back