C-Body 4 Speed Pedals for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
4 Speed Pedal assembly believed to have come from a 68 Chrysler, but will fit other models and years as well. Includes over-center spring and pivot and clutch rod. What is shown in photo is what you would get. Listing for a friend. Asking $150 or offer.

Thanks 100_6232.jpg

100_6232.jpg

Just curious....Where is the rest of the car that those pedals came out of?

Seller of pedals got them from another guy that said he "believed" they came from a 1968 Chrysler. That is all that is known unfortunately. The current seller decided he would not have time in the foreseeable future to use them so is putting them up for sale. I do have one guy coming to look at them today. If he knows more about them than I do, I can pass that on if he doesn't buy them. And I can let you know if he buys them. Thank you for your interest.

Pedals are still available since potential buyer did not come to look at them.

Of all the 4 speed C-body pedals I've seen...or come across...I'd say 95% of them are manual brakes. I can only recall a couple C-body cars I have seen with a factory 4 speed and power brakes....one is Ross (Jazzandmoparguy) 66 Monaco 440/4 speed car if I am not mistaken.

I know there was a manual setup and a power setup, but, truthfully, I cannot imagine for the life of me why they had two different setups. I would love to know why and what the difference is.
All the photos I've seen really aren't detailed enough for me to see what the difference is.
I would kill to lay my hands and eyeballs on a set side by side.
I know of one person who said he modified a manual setup for a power brake car and that it was a humongous P.I.T.A. Never explained why, though.

Last edited:
The guy that decided not to come down and check them out said his 4 speed brake pedal setup he had was straight for his 68 Chrysler 300 whereas this one was "bent in and out" to better clear the steering column. After some checking around, he discovered his pedal setup was correct for his power brake car and therefore didn't need this set (he initially wanted to get this setup just in case his was wrong for his application). So I can only assume given the input so far, this is a manual setup. Thank you Thrashing Cows for your help!

I'm confused.

71oc3d.jpg

50gsk9.jpg

65-68 C-BODY 4SPD PEDAL ASSEMBLY:
$(KGrHqJ,!qME88f7YdJFBP,nDom2jg~~60_12.JPG

I'm wondering if this is a C-body setup in the first place:

ket3za.jpg

Last edited:
Looks more like what came in a 64 Sport Fury I stripped out. Doesn't look like what's in my car and doesn't look like the power brake ones on the shelf either.

I think your right Stan...the pedal geometry just doesn't look right.

Here are the pics I have of 65-68 manual vs power brake C-body 4 speed pedals....I saved these from a C-body board member who posted these up years ago.

Manual on the left...power on the right...

Power in the fore front...manual in the back ground....

Power brake set-up on booster...

I don't want anyone to end up with the wrong pedals then, based on all this input, so please disregard the ad at this point (I am not sure how to pull it?). I won't sell them for my friend unless someone knows what they fit for sure and understands the risk. Thanks for all the input guys. I do not think I have ever seen a C body with a manual transmission myself, so I am the last to know.

The only diff is height. Manual needed more pedal effort so pedal was higher @ same height as clutch.
Power was @ 2" lower than clutch, I.E. Less effort/leverage.
I have both for 67 Sport Fury. Hdtp is manual brakes and steering! Brake is same height as clutch. Convert is power brakes and pedal is @ 2" lower than clutch. Also have 65 Chrysler 300 L 4 speed that has power brake and pedal is lower than clutch on this one too. Tks, Tom Denkler

You're da man, Tom.

So talking strictly brake pedal arms now, the manual arm is two inches taller (higher/longer) from the pivot point where the clutch arm attaches to the bracket.

25tiwew.jpg

Last edited:
I may be totally confused by now, but it seems the first photo from thrashing cows shows the correct setups, which doesn't seem to match the text from tdenkler (because tdenkler doesn't acknowledge the difference in arm lengths between manual and power brakes) and the drawing from commando1 doesn't seem to match either the text from tdenkler or the photo/identification of arms from thrashing cows. In any case, I believe the pivot point of the clutch arm is the same as the manual brake arm pivot point and the power brake arm pivot point would be higher (as shown in thrashingcows photo). tdenkler I believe is only saying the power brake pedal is 2" lower than the manual brake pedal as installed in the car (or in other words, the power brake pedal is 2" closer to the floor than the manual brake pedal) which is correct.

In evaluating the pedals and bracket assembly that I originally posted for sale, I took a look at a 69 Polara bracket assembly and it is identical to the bracket assembly of the pedals I have, so I am concluding that the setup I originally listed is for a 69-73 C body manual transmission-equipped car with manual brakes, rather than 1965 - 68. The B body brackets are certainly not anything like the bracket assembly I have. So I think I now understand what is going on, but then it may well be that someone messes me all up again! Thanks for all the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back