C Body Deaddock

Catfish-65

Reaction score
Just dumped every think to do with C Body Dry Dock.. Too much weird language posts and less fun than spending an evening listening to an ex Wife.. No time for either,,, Thanks for this Site is conveyed,,,,Dave Catfish65......

There is another thread here about the Dock.
Sad to say,but Scott is letting it die.
His busy life and absence --or--lack of moderating has allowed a lot of spam to invade the forum.
I offered to moderate but he thanked me and said no thanks.
I used to report spam to him but gave up after a while since he no longer cares,in my opinion anyways.
I even offered to bring awareness to the site using the BoaB at car shows,but he did not want me to get any "personal gains" from it.
Whatever.
I am forever gratefull for sharing the BoaB's story and the tech articvles I wrote he saved, all these years on the Dock,and I thanks Scott for that.
He has always been good to me.

People change over time,and his forum reflects that.
He is open to offers for somebody to buy it out and revive it.

Just dumped every think to do with C Body Dry Dock.. Too much weird language posts and less fun than spending an evening listening to an ex Wife.. No time for either,,, Thanks for this Site is conveyed,,,,Dave Catfish65......

What took you so long....? :poke:

The evolution of the C-body boards...this is what the 4th or 5th one I have been part of now? They come and go and we move on, so far this FCBO site has been the biggest and best one I think. :thumbsup:

Agreed, I think there were four Drydocks, the current being the 4th. FCBO had become my favorite right away ...

The FCBO message board system is the best that I've ever used. Having to use a third party picture hosting site for Dry Dock was a major pain in the butt. Way too time consuming when you want to add photos to your posts. Don't miss it at all. I say let it rest in peace.

Jeff

I was a "Docker" for quite awhile, then I found FCBO. Was on both for awhile but this one seemed to have so much more going for it. Been here ever since. I do miss Krautmaster and his extensive wisdom but there is plenty of knowledge here that I enjoy reading.

I agree this board software is the best of any site I've used, works well on mobile, attachments work great, copy paste photos in.

I was the original owner of the cbodydrydock domain. I wrote a little site with the Perl CGI module. Life got busy and I gave it to Scott and he ran with it for awhile.

Who remembers TanSedan from the 1st gen DryDock? He was also a font of very wise info.

While I miss the docks, and still check in every day, I agree with everyone here who says FCBO is the best.

The first Drydock I recall was a C body section of a all Mopar message board , I think out of Detroit. Hell that was 24 years ago and I just can't recall.....
I may be using the wrong phrase here but they were on a hosting site called " Inside the Web " once they got big.
That then changed and they moved from the " Inside the Web" message board to another as it languished then almost died. As i recall Scott was able to use the name to start his own Drydock and the two Drydocks coexisted for a long time. Hell , the former may still exist but who knows?

I got away from the Dock to get away from half the people there which are now 10 percent of the people here.
I agree, the software here is better but I hope Scott never surrenders the Dock. Joey had made it clear he's been trying to buy it for years .

The dock was an offshoot of my site pentastarpower.com, yes. You can see that from the way back machine.
Later on we had a swoopy 'chicago' style logo that I still had a shirt from for a long time.
It originally used a board style like the Dallas mopar board which predated moparts in popularity but was completely suceptible to JavaScript attacks that rendered it useless

15813893580284596937712570890964.jpg

15813893761902940323062754751552.jpg

The dock was an offshoot of my site pentastarpower.com, yes. You can see that from the way back machine.
Later on we had a swoopy 'chicago' style logo that I still had a shirt from for a long time.
It originally used a board style like the Dallas mopar board which predated moparts in popularity but was completely suceptible to JavaScript attacks that rendered it useless

View attachment 352090

View attachment 352091

I had that very shirt and loved it! I wore it out....

Agreed. Last I heard he had some medical issues and stopped posting on the Drydock. Anyone have an update?

Since I bought his Newport, I try and keep in touch with him. About 6 months ago he was still doing pretty well, and still has his leg.

I started out at the Dock and them migrated to Moparfins and posted there regular until Steve had his strokes and sold the site. It's been like a ghost town over there for a long time, but I came away with some good friends from it. Leaburn, Snotty, and Steve himself. I do rather like FCBO these days.

Back