C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
I'd like to post progress of the "Holy Grail" of our C-Body hobby.

The only known TX9 Black Velvet on Black 1970 Sport Fury GT 6BBl.

Special ordered new by Rod Kesler on September 23, 1969, at the young age of 24, from Monroe Chrysler Plymouth of Toledo, Ohio. At a total of $4,473.20.

The car will be treated to a sympathetic restoration, by Sea-Body Restorations of Olympia, WA. With expertise from Mike Volz Performance (Rocket Restorations founder).

Sea-Body Restorations will be using only NOS and original Sport Fury GT only parts in the factory correct restoration of this very rare MoPar "Executive Muscle Car".

This is the most extensively documented 6BBL GT in existence. All the original paper work from day one exists, including:

original "retail buyers order form"
original "dealer invoice"
original "window sticker/retail price label"
original "Certificate of Title"
original "dealer receipt"
original "loan documentation"
original "Chrysler Corporation Broadcast Sheet"
original "Fender Data Tag"
original "door VIN decal"
original "dash VIN data plate"

---Photos are of the car being "trued and straightened" to factory specification at Puget Sound Auto Body. The original Stub-Frame being removed for fitment of an original 70 GT Stub-Frame. The Unit-Body frame structure wasn't damaged from the accident in 1974, the cowl and fire wall, obviously will be repaired!

Thanks for looking at our true passion and progress!!! We restore Mopar cars and specialize in C-Body MoPars.

6bbl GT frame rack 1.JPG
6bbl GT restoration 1.JPG
6bbl GT restoration 2.JPG
6bbl GT restoration 3.JPG
6bbl GT restoration 4.JPG

Last edited:
So how is the metal in the back of the car? I had never thought that car looked too far gone to do. The front end stuff is easy. Cool car and should be done so I am glad it is getting saved. Just curious how much did Dan finally come down on the car? I had talked to him a few times when he was still thinking it was worth more than an E body V code project.

I'd like to post progress of the "Holy Grail" of our C-Body hobby.

The only known TX9 Black Velvet on Black 1970 Sport Fury GT 6BBl.

Special ordered new by...
That reads exactly like a Press Release by a Media Relations Director.
This will be interesting.

This was totally missed by everyone... :bored:
It was too rusty.

I have a #'s matching 70 GT, minus front end for sale if anyone is interested

Last edited:
Very nice someone saved it....:cool::cool::cool:
For me that GT is more worth than any other V-code mopar.

Isn't there supposed to be a couple of these left? I only ever see this one. I would Love to see a picture of one with the original engine in tact.

Aren,t there 6 or 8 GT-6BBL cars but al needs restored ?

I wanna be the guy that finds the survivor that's been hiding for 35 years. There has to be one out there, at least one.

That's why I cruise the back roads and check out any building that can hide a Mopar.

I wanna be the guy that finds the survivor that's been hiding for 35 years. There has to be one out there, at least one.
That's why I keep digging in the spots I come across and chase all the leads I can. ONE of those leads has to be a good survivor 440 C body fusie!!

That's why I keep digging in the spots I come across and chase all the leads I can. ONE of those leads has to be a good survivor 440 C body fusie!!

You've come across some cool stuff too. I believe you could be the guy to find one

This will be a great looking build, but when it's done, how much of the original car will be left? From what I remember it didn't even have the fender tag. Even so, I think this is a worthy cause to give the car the respect it deserves.

Fury Pursuit, will you attempt to contact the original owner, or is he long gone?

Top post lists all the documentation the car has... where did that come from? I read when it was first discovered in a junk yard....didn't i?

Top post lists all the documentation the car has... where did that come from? I read when it was first discovered in a junk yard....didn't i?
Indeed, may have been the yellow one he had for sale that stated the fender tag was missing. I think both the black one and the yellow one were both dragged out of junk yards. Someone mentioned that Dan should be commended for saving them from the crusher.

No doubt it'll be a stunner. I wonder if the original engine is still kickin' around somewhere.

Back