For Sale C body passenger vent and cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Here is a Passenger side vent and cable for under the dash. Potential customer already, sale pending.

Vent and cable.jpg

Hi Gary,
the vent door sorta looks right but the cable is wrong type...so if you have a ready buyer, please sell it to them! I need more research on my end.

thanks, tho!

Best,
Dave

Hi Gary,
the vent door sorta looks right but the cable is wrong type...so if you have a ready buyer, please sell it to them! I need more research on my end.

thanks, tho!

Best,
Dave
Is your car AC?

Yes it is an AC car. The vent cables are attached to a lever that flips back and forth...not a pull like the one in your pic.

I will check my dash assy for the ones you speak of. The one I showed is for a pull assy that goes next to the steering column. Mind you, there is no vent in the pillar on the passenger side on an AC car, all air is passed through the Ac box itself on the passenger side.

ok, so after your last email, i had to check and you are right. What i thought from a casual inspection actually turned out to be a square access port, to what i did not examine. The actual vent door area is there, in the right shape but no door, it is closed off by a factory plate. so, I am not sure then where the other fresh air vent lever and cable go...to the ac box you mentioned?

Thanks for clearing this up, I thought the door + cable were missing. Looks like just the cable going somewhere...

ok, so after your last email, i had to check and you are right. What i thought from a casual inspection actually turned out to be a square access port, to what i did not examine. The actual vent door area is there, in the right shape but no door, it is closed off by a factory plate. so, I am not sure then where the other fresh air vent lever and cable go...to the ac box you mentioned?

Thanks for clearing this up, I thought the door + cable were missing. Looks like just the cable going somewhere...
It wont be a cable but a vacuum line going to a spot above the area you looked where there is a vent directly behind the AC blower motor which is behind the passenger fender. When the vacuum operates the door it is either shut or open with direct air coming from the fan there. It might pay to look at an exploded diagram in a Workshop manual to see just how it all operates.

Are the screw holes intact? What is this from?
Screw holes? Do you mean the cable mount? That comes out of a 72 I believe which has it mounted through a hole in the lower cover that goes over the steering column. The cable mount simply clicks into place.

:thankyou: Thats why I asked , on the 71 Dodge and Plymouths they mount to the dash frame with screws as you know.

:thankyou: Thats why I asked , on the 71 Dodge and Plymouths they mount to the dash frame with screws as you know.
Yes that's true. But I have found that people who want these are doing it to change how the venting works in their car anyway since AC cars don't have a manual vent in the passenger side.

How are you changing the venting? You would simply be adding a floor vent on the right side? Ive done it on two of my air cars already .

How are you changing the venting? You would simply be adding a floor vent on the right side? Ive done it on two of my air cars already .
The AC unit can vent air directly from outside onto the passenger area through the top right of the cowl then through the built in vent in the box.

I simply add it to any air conditioned car I own for air flow. When the windows are up because of rain, cooler temps or noise.
Doesn't make much sense to me not to have it.

Interesting. My AC dash has two vent controllers. Are you saying that the controller for the passenger side does not lead to a kick panel vent, but to the AC box?

Interesting. My AC dash has two vent controllers. Are you saying that the controller for the passenger side does not lead to a kick panel vent, but to the AC box?
Yes that's right. On AC cars the passenger kick panel area has a blanking plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back