WANTED C-body Road Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFGREG

Reaction score
Contact seller
Wanted C-body road wheel. I have a set of these on my 65 Sport Fury. One of my wheels is bent. Midwest preferred, thanks, Greg

116358240_10227286932781931_6353456820630999032_o.jpg

You should be able to get the wheel straightened. Might be as cheap as a replacement.

I'd prefer to sell the pair, let me know if you don't find an alternative. I'll be at the Dubuque show if you're coming down

I don't seem to have a photo of them I'll get a couple.

The Ideal Body Shop in Madison, Wisconsin has been around a long time, I had some wheels straightened there back in the 80’s. 1-608-255-4075

What kind of shop does that?
Google "wheel repair (name of city where you live)"...I got 3 replies for shops with names like "Ultimate wheel works" that all indicate they straighten rims as part of their service.

Google "wheel repair (name of city where you live)"...I got 3 replies for shops with names like "Ultimate wheel works" that all indicate they straighten rims as part of their service.
Nothing in my city, but I will find out, it's the best solution.

These are the 2 i have
Those wheels are from a 79 Chrysler 300.
They look much like a Road Wheel but are slightly different profile where the red line is, they're aluminum, and IIRC they are 6.5" wide (Roadies are 6" or 7" depending what they came from).
I've always considered buying them for my 65 300 if I ever stumbled across a full set with the caps, they'd look awesome all polished up, and the 300 centercaps match the car. (win-win!)

upload_2020-9-4_17-39-45.png

awesome or not they may end up on my coronet this winter as the 'body shop wheels' when I take the slicks and pizza cutters off!

If you ever decide to dispose of them, LMK how much $$, maybe I'll buy them and wait on finding 2 more...

I picked up a set of these wheels a while ago.They were in pretty rough condition.2 of the center caps are broken and replacements are hard to find.I picked up a complete set of the AMC volcano caps cheap and they cleaned up nice.i covered the wheels with absorbent pads soaked in vinegar put them in garbage bags and let them set for week.All the rust and paint came off.I polished all the chrome.2 more to go then have to paint the backs and area under the trim rings.Wheels look great all polished.

20200830_113017_HDR.jpg

20200830_113001_HDR.jpg

20200830_113025_HDR.jpg

Good tip on the vinegar pads, I hadn't heard of that, I have a set of Roads needing that same treatment.
I found a NOS set of the knockoff volcano caps a few years ago and figured I'd use them also. Those volcano caps are actually too large at the base to seat fully into other Mopar wheel of that era (Magnum GT, 15x8 Supercoupe, etc)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back