SOLD C-Body Tilt Steering Cruise Control Lever

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar6672

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am generally familiar with the varieties of Mopar cruise control levers from the 1970's but I am not 100% sure on this one. It was in with the parts I bought to piece together a cruise control system for my '72.

The switch style is definitely 1974-1978. The end of the lever is straight which I believe is for a tilt steering wheel application. The puzzler for me is that I do not recall "Speed Control" being printed on the switch. The connector end will need the plastic connector. I do not know why the wire lengths appears changed.

Regardless, this lever is in very good condition, it will show nicely after installation. Feel free to ask any questions. I am asking $60 plus shipping.

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

Let me check my 77 tomorrow, I may just take that from ya.. of course between now and then if someone else steps up. Do what you Gotta do.

I know what you mean but this is a carbon copy in design except for the SPEED CONTROL printing. Wire colors, etc...all the same.

Interesting that you say that. I removed the older chrome style lever from 72 and 73 standard C-Body columns and both had a distinctive bend at the end of the lever. Maybe it’s dependent on the wheel style. Either way I am being open with potential buyers.

Interesting that you say that. I removed the older chrome style lever from 72 and 73 standard C-Body columns and both had a distinctive bend at the end of the lever. Maybe it’s dependent on the wheel style. Either way I am being open with potential buyers.

I don't know the significance of the bent or straight shaft regarding applications. But the Chrysler tilt column uses a threaded shaft turn signal lever.

Good luck with the sale.

Robert
2889162.jpg

One of a couple of things is going on. Later tilt models have this design or steering wheels that are not dished, such as tuff wheels, require this type of lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back