C body vert prices??

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
I decided to start looking for a 66 Polara or 66 Fury convertible. I want a big block in yellow. Now, all of a sudden it seems that C-body convertible prices are in B body convertible territory? What happened? I thought this one was priced way high...
1966 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE

Till I saw this one...
1966 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible

I know C-body Plymouths tend to sell for more than comparable C-body Dodges, but $40k? Really? I started looking at the 66 Plymouths and Dodges cause I expected them to be less expensive than my first choice a 68 300 vert. Now the 68 300 verts appear to be cheap compared to what I've been seeing lately.

Sure, these cars are nice, but I can easily find 66-70 B body verts and 67-69 A body verts in similar condition for less. I could probably even find a halfway decent E-body vert for less than that Fury. I don't get it. Two months ago when I was concentrating my search for a 68 300 vert, I was finding decent 65-66 Polara verts for $9k-$12k. The last $12k Polara vert I saw was rough.

Last edited:
I decided to start looking for a 66 Polara or 66 Fury convertible. I want a big block in yellow. Now, all of a sudden it seems that C-body convertible prices are in B body convertible territory? What happened? I thought this one was priced way high...

Till I saw this one...

I know C-body Plymouths tend to sell for more than comparable C-body Dodges, but $40k? Really? I started looking at the 66 Plymouths and Dodges cause I expected them to be less expensive than my first choice a 68 300 vert. Now the 68 300 verts appear to be cheap compared to what I've been seeing lately.

Sure, these cars are nice, but I can easily find 66-70 B body verts and 67-69 A body verts in similar condition for less. I could probably even find a halfway decent E-body vert for less than that Fury. I don't get it. Two months ago when I was concentrating my search for a 68 300 vert, I was finding decent 65-66 Polara verts for $9k-$12k. The last $12k Polara vert I saw was rough.

The Polara seems like a nice car for the money and I bet if you showed up with $15K cash he'd take it.

The Sport Fury is also very nice but the seller is unrealistic as to the value, IMO. It won't sell at that price and I think he'd be very fortunate to get $30K for it.

That's usually the way it happens. . . . When you have a particular old car you're looking for and then add a specific like color, you will need to be patient. Obviously many are overpriced but the one you want will eventually show at a reasonable /fair price, including that 68 300.

I had a particular list and it took me 20 years ....

Another option is to buy one that is a good project car for a few thousand and have it done to what you want.

But that'll likely be just as expensive. That Fury is gorgeous and I'm not a huge fan of yellow or green.

:rolleyes:Seeing as I'm an owner of one I appreciate that the values are going up.
YAH BABY!!! Groovy...
Seriously,
The Fury although higher priced is very well presented san's underbody shots.

The Polara looks nice as well but not well presented to the degree you would like for online shopping.

I Have invested just under the asking price of the Polara which includes the cost of the car itself and I still have a less than a perfect body lines but I have eliminated practically all traces of rust corrosion over the past 4 years.
It still needs some updates but I'm personally satisfied that this car will last another 50 years now that it's properly cared for and provided any future owners take care of it .

If I own the car another 3 years I'm bound to see my investment back which I am happy with and as 68 Sport Fury replied "if the top goes down the price goes up"

Good luck finding the car of your dreams
It may after all remain just that if the prices continue to go up

Last edited:
Its just that when I see A and B body verts in the same price range as the Polara and Fury, I'm thinking the A and B bodies would be better investments.

I love these B-bodies but I already have a B body vert.
1967 Plymouth Belvedere convertible
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Convertable
1967 Dodge Coronet RT convertible clone
1967 Dodge Coronet Convertible
1966 Plymouth Satellite Convertible
68 GTX 440 4 spd CONVERTIBLE! Very Nice

I love these A-bodies but I already have an A body vert.
1968 Dodge Dart GT w/Parts
1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA CONVERTIBLE
1968 Plymouth Barracuda

Though I have zero interest in an E-body vert, I have run across a couple that appeared to be halfway decent (but not perfect) on Craigslist lately for under $40k. Those would certainly appreciate in value faster than a $40k Fury.
1971 CHALLENGER CONVERTIBLE

I know C-body prices are all over the place. I'm just frustrated that the prices on the specific ones I have been looking for have suddenly shot through the roof.

I can still find decent 67 Fury verts for well under $15k , but suddenly the 66's are $40K?
1967 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible 383
**1967 Plymouth Sport Fury**

Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:
I definetly do not see any 65-68 Fury vert bringing near 40k.
You can ask the moon without being charged.
I don't think any of them will bring more than 25k, unless it is a factory 440, 4speed car.

You need to be patient in your hunt.
Good luck

Carsten

They're obviously only asking prices but those have gone through the roof in recent years.

Not a lot of nice Cs left.

Where is this Fury for 40K?? I'm not seeing any in this thread.

Till I saw this one...

Jim, PM ME. I'm considering selling my 65 vert

I hope both sellers get what they are asking. If these were E Bodies no one would question the price. Why should C Bodies be low-balled? I know historically the prices aren't there, but, should they be? I say yes. Why not? When people pay 100 grand for a Mustang with Shelby's name on it, why not 30 grand for a decent Fury 'vert?

Well well. Maybe it was a misprint. the 66 Fury vert that was priced at $39,900.00 is now priced at $29,900.00.
That makes more sense since I had seen the same car advertised a few months ago for $35k. It makes sense to lower the price $5k. The $5k increase seemed to be way extreme. It appears to be an extremely nice car so I can't argue that price much. I'll continue my search for a 66 Sport Fury vert, a 66 Polara vert or a 68 300 vert in yellow with a big block for $12k or less. I just want a clean driver. It doesn't need to be show quality. I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:
I think people are just looking for something different. E bodies are definitely starting to come down... unless it's a hemi and they keep on their journey to the moon. I am an E body fan, but I'm just not interested in the prices these days (I shudder to think what I sold my 74 cuda for in the 90s compared to what they bring now). But there are definitely getting to be fewer and fewer nice Cs around... kind of like vans and trucks. The old 70s dodge van you couldn't give away 5 years ago will now net you between 2500-4000. Of course a huge number got scrapped when scrap prices were high a coupe years ago.

Hey, Jim (from the BOG? :) ) ! There are definitely some nice cars in your links, and I guess I would say that whenever you can buy someone else's completed project you'll come out ahead versus doing the work yourself. Just the parts for my recent front end rebuild were over $800, and that's with the "cheap" drum brake ball joints. It doesn't take much to get upside down on these cars, and a really nice one that doesn't need a bunch of maintenance work right off the bat has some extra value in my book.

I hope prices keep going up, but with a bunch of paint & body dollars staring at me, I don't know when I'll catch up...

Clair

Back