California Governor signs order to ban gas vehicles by 2035

I can guess. Does that make me a scientist?

Our friend keeps bellowing about science yet he cannot give even one study of ANY kind showing proof of MMGW.
The info should be out there if its so obviously true.

Not a guess, an educated guess, huge difference.

I'm the biggest non believer there is by the way.

As anyone who has seen my posts regarding the efficacy and reliability of renewable energy knows I've long been an active sceptic. Recent developments around viable storage technology have attracted my interest. IMHO one truism is if you give it time and a profit motive capitalism will find a way.

As anyone who has seen my posts regarding the efficacy and reliability of renewable energy knows I've long been an active sceptic. Recent developments around viable storage technology have attracted my interest. IMHO one truism is if you give it time and a profit motive capitalism will find a way.

The only “Free” stored energy system I know about in California was the solar heated circulating oil system. Solar heats the oil and it spins the turbine somehow and it stayed hot enough to run all nite until the sun came back out. This was of course deemed bad because it was oil based and it’s now history. Stupid is as stupid does...

The iron battery technology has a major advantage in that it is very unlikely to create a fire and it is a lot cheaper than lithium-ion batteries to produce.. Downside is that these batteries are very heavy, much too heavy for use in autos or trucks. Might offer good potential for storing wind/solar power for later use, probably could be incorporated into substations. This is another one of the evolving technologies that has potential and the "dead" batteries can be recycled, although it remains to be seen if that would be cheaper than building new ones out of new materials. No one as yet has figured out a way to effectively recycle lithium ion batteries. There will probably be a major fight over adopting the iron technology as governments and industry are very heavily invested in lithium-ion systems.

Dave

No one as yet has figured out a way to effectively recycle lithium ion batteries.
Dave

Show me the ONE person that's developed a way to recycle wet cell, lead acid batteries, and I'll show you a person that can recycle any battery! Just sayin

Show me the ONE person that's developed a way to recycle wet cell, lead acid batteries, and I'll show you a person that can recycle any battery! Just sayin

Yes, anything can probably be recycled. The question is at what cost. If it costs more to recycle something than it costs to build a new one, what is the point. Right now, lithium ion batteries wind up in the landfill because it is not cost effective to recycle them. Much of the stuff in them is also toxic, a gift to future generations.

Dave

Yes, anything can probably be recycled. The question is at what cost. If it costs more to recycle something than it costs to build a new one, what is the point. Right now, lithium ion batteries wind up in the landfill because it is not cost effective to recycle them. Much of the stuff in them is also toxic, a gift to future generations.

Dave

So let's just substitute one pollutant for another instead! Just like they did with the advent of the Cat. Converter! So, what's next?

Back