California Highway Patrol in Alberta, Canada

That is a 1969 Chrysler Newport, not used by the CHP.

The CHP did use a Newport in 62 that was a custom built car that had a 61 Dodge front end.

Alan

Was leavein edmt about two years ago...headed south on gateway and passed a 70s chev/ ford with cpl large flat top lights on it stain in ditch between north and southbound lanes....don't think it was a queens cowboys car....just real odd to see a 70s cop car sitting in ditch in what a assumed was checking for speeders .....
Mayby someone else in the area has seen this car....hyways car? Surprised the crap outa me to point it stuck in my mind.....of to work I go.....work work work...enjoy yer day folks

The cruise was a blast, a bit of everything there on a warm summer night.
I bought this car a couple of years ago, it had come to Alberta from Northern California, bought it for the windshield for our Custom Suburban, but it was to nice to part out, runs perfect.

For fun we turned a four door car into a patrol car, cruisers loved it , some asked us where in California we`d come from. We were surprised by the reaction a $1500 car got there, more than cruising around in a car with a two foot high wing on the back. Had to stand for lots of pictures with ordinary citizens.

To clarify;

The car is a 1969 Chrysler Newport Custom

I am not a California Highway Patrolman

Marty

IMG_4694 (2).jpg

IMG_4697 (2).jpg

IMG_4690 (2).jpg

IMG_4681 (2).jpg

Back