Can I say this?

General Discussion

1. GOLDMYN

GOLDMYN Well-Known Member

DO NOT spend 1 penny repairing the damage in Minn! There are methods for properly voicing your opinion

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Marv

Marv Wannabe C-body owner FCBO Gold Member

If you live in MI you pay taxes that will be used for cleaning up the mess. Despite I 100% agree. There's no way to justify all the destruction.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. crv

crv Senior Member

These riots across the USA will be the justification the government will use to implement the Police State that is coming, hence the reason the cops aren't doing anything. Then, all protests will be deemed illegal.

4. Davea Lux

Davea Lux Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Blue State Democrats think it is better to do essentially nothing rather than control the rioters. In their minds property damage is preferable to having to shoot looters and alienate their voter base. If you are a small business or property owner in one of those shit holes prone to civil unrest, sorry, tough luck. From the perspective of those rioting, it is a chance to raise hell and steal free stuff as they think they will get away with it.

Dave

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

I'm glad I don't live up there anymore, it's stupid what they did, and has nothing to do with the issue that started the whole mess.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mntac

Mntac New Member

I live there. Democrat Governor and Mayors let criminals and thugs burn, loot and destroy 100's of businesses. A free for all with no police in sight. Open car jacking, shootings, rape and murder for two straight days. Zero leadership. You get what you vote for.

7. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Please put stuff like this in the America thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

No!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. saforwardlook

A lot of folks on this site seem to want to blame the various races for all of our problems, when they are more the victims of all the money going to the top these days wherein neither the middle class or those in the bottom rung of income earners are not getting their fair share for the work they do (for those who can find jobs). There are few good paying jobs in the lower class where no single job will allow someone to make a decent living anymore. It is just misery and they are broke. And their education opportunities are crap. In fact, even the middle class these days can't afford to send their kids to college, so those opportunities are dwindling as well. It wasn't like this when I grew up.

Dave, I doubt you would have had the difficulty you seem to have in moving from New Jersey to Idaho back in the 70s when income distribution was nowhere near as skewed as it is these days.

The guys that run all the news networks such as Fox News, CNN, MSNBC etc. are all in that top group so maybe that is why few on this site see the big picture it seems to me. They just blindly believe what they are told and head off like sheep to parrot what they are told. You really need to see the big picture in all of this.

When I was growing up, the middle class nor the poor had it this bad.

Analyzing the big picture starts to lead to fixes, but blaming Democrats vs. Republicans is just divisive and leads to the reality that nothing changes. And the folks at the top are just fine with that. And they control our congressmen/women too with their lobbying and super pacs. So why would anyone expect change? The folks on the top that run our news stations are just creating chaos where we are just plain divided in this country like never before and nothing gets done. So keep buying the pablum and see your future turn even dimmer.

That is why this thread belongs in the America thread. It is just more politics and divisiveness...............................very tiresome rather than hearing about solutions before this whole country becomes a bigger mess.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

Then don't read it. Again, yet another thread you are bitching about yet you keep coming back into it to insert your opinion but don't approve of the content :wtf:.

Live and let live .....

I will leave this here ...:usflag:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all.”“This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance.”“But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else.”“The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English- Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian- Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic.”“The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.”

Theodore Roosevelt
    Address to the Knights of Columbus
    New York City- October 12th, 1915

:thankyou: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :thankyou:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mdh157

mdh157 Senior Member

@GOLDMYN yes, you can say it but you know darn well money will go to it, prob even federal money. Bunch of lowlife scumbag trash that were just looking for an excuse. And I bet many are already on the govt teat for allegedly not being able to work. And by no means is this intended to condone George Floyd's death or the actions that resulted in it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. saforwardlook

This is FCBO. If you want to do politics, go to the America thread or ban politics or go somewhere else. Really pretty simple.

If this thread had properly been placed in the America thread, I wouldn't have seen it and therefore I wouldn't have responded to it - really pretty simple since I don't look at it anymore.

And your comments above are fine but don't solve anything unless Congress does their work.

I wish FDR was our president now rather than the guy we now have in office. FDR was a Democrat by the way, who actually had a clue...................................glad to see you quoting one for a change...................

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Davea Lux

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts" quote from Walter Headly, the mayor of Miami during the race riots of the 1960's. Decidedly not politically correct, but that may be what needs to happen to regain control of this situation. They need to call up the National Guard and make a big point of a press release of the troops being issued live ammunition. See who blinks first.

Dave

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. rags

rags Senior Member

i don't blame them for our problems, but i do blame them for their problems. black people are their own worst enemies.
    thanks for the TR mentions lately. I agree.
    i've been thinking those two words a lot for the past couple of days now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Davea Lux

Minnesota police have announced that 80% of the arrest for various riot related charges are from out of state individuals. No big surprise there. Soreass funded radicals.

Dave

Note: the local media in Portland was reporting the numbers ass backwards. Should read 80% of the arrests were from Minnesota. Note that the Minnesota gov was making the 80% out of state claim, but the arrest records do not support that number. Media did not fact check the numbers.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. crv

crv Senior Member

Nobody is forced to read or reply to any thread, don't agree or like it?, keep scrolling.
    Your holier-than-thou attitude stinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

Have to agree with you. On the Ford Truck Forum, which is massive and a "truck" forum, no politics is allowed. Period. Bring it up and you are banned quicker than you can blink. Jack asses leave and for the rest of us we have a nice smooth Ford forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  18. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

A very common refrain from some white people. So common, so old, and used so often they fail to see any connection.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. crv

crv Senior Member

That is at the moderators' discretion, but whinging about something when one has the option to simply scroll on by, that starts unnecessary arguments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. saforwardlook

This site is For C Bodies Only. Why is it "holier than thou" to want some respite from the rest of the world when coming here to discuss cars rather than hear all the political crap from guys like you who don't even live here and yet know all about it - talk about "holier than thou"!!? :realcrazy:

When someone comes here to discuss an A, B, or E body, they are told to go to that respective site instead.

So please tell me why on this C body Only site, it should somehow be necessary to pander to anyone that wants to discuss politics for what ever reason that so compels them - when it isn't even related to old cars at all? :stop: :bs_flag:

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1