Can I say this?

General Discussion

1. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

Dave you need to stop confusing us with the facts LOL. Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

I love Larry Elder, he has some interesting stuff on YouTube.
    So does ML.
    You're right though Fred, facts have no business being here :lol:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 69 300 vert

69 300 vert Well-Known Member

Turd world...well, at least the former mayor blocked Chick-fil-A from coming in, Chicago values you know...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Kippy

Kippy Member

I have no use for Trump, less use for DeBlasio, i despise the thugs who under the guise of lawful protest riot and loot. Then of course its politicians such as Biden for example falling all over there selves with their phony support for the black community, just pandering for votes
    One day these phonies are so supportive of law enforcement the next day they want to stick it to them
    Bad things can happen when you resist arrest and thats no excuse for excessive force used in this latest incident but again comply with police directives and there won't be a issue.
    I live in a racially diversified community, a black man walking down the street is not a threat whatsoever to me any more than a white man. I size them all up and suspect everyone.
    What I don't get is this liberal agenda we seeing going on now in the wake of these riots.
    If you watch some of these news media shows, its always the rioting is wrong but, but nothing, no excuses,
    My son told me , litter baskets are being removed in case of rioting in a area which has a large hispanic population. Why I said, there all mostly Mexicans down there and they dont riot, they either to busy working at jobs that black and white Americans turned their nose up at or their resting for the next days work.
    I like this mayor of Atlanta, I heard her say in a interview when the trouble started in her city, she called her 18 year old son and told him get off the street now.
    The mayor in NYC, his daughter was arrested at a protest and he said how proud he was of her.
    Thats the difference, one parent who keeps their kids in line and the other who rewards getting arrested.
    End of my rant, Im fed up enough for one day

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Davea Lux

Davea Lux Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

You are starting have an epiphany of sorts and to sound like a conservative. DeBlasio is loath to stop the looting, the looters are "victims" in the progressive mind and they are the democrat vote base. I am waiting to see how some of these liberal politicians react when a mob decides to start burning city hall and other government buildings. This is going to spiral out of control if not contained soon. Maybe a Maximilien Robespierre will emerge to dispense "justice".

Dave

• Like Like x 2
  6. crv

crv Senior Member

DeBlasio does much more than virtue signalling, as Mel Gibson said: 'You got a dog in this fight?', yes, clearly...
    img.jpg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  7. polara71

Well please don't. I've never seen longer sentences.

Not sure how you could know so much about radio personalities that you hate, why are you listening?

Howard Stern, People hated him, HATED him. Yet the average hater listened longer than the average fan. :lol:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  8. MarPar

MarPar Meat Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

0a5c0ed48a23d9e863c0918b38b0d8024e080c98.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. 69 300 vert

unnamed.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. 69 300 vert

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  11. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

No, you are not qualified in any shape manner or form to assess your bigotry any more than you get to score a test after taking it. The assessment is made by others who have experience with your behavior and can render an opinion. You may not like it but you are self-interested and clueless along with several others. Hell, you can't even come close to my first hand close personal experience being tutored in it. You also don't have a minority wife, who while never experiencing prejudice in her home country, has experienced it for the first time in her life here several times. Luckily she is more than tough and can handle things and lucky for the person I wasn't around at the time. My whole extended family is a mix of minorities so maybe you should STFU.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

Actually neither him nor I would be so presumptuous to feel qualified to render judgement on a current event thousands of miles away from our living rooms. Simply good manners mate.

Yet, since you are compelled to discuss American events then I would be interested in your dissertation on our 60s particularly 1968. I was present so I'd like to hear your take from being there and compare it to mine.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. polara71

I've read your liberal drivel from time to time, I find it in poor taste as an American. I don't really care who you're married to as you remind us of that frequently. Almost as if apologetically you found it necessary in that you did your white privilege part .
    Good for you!

1st ammendment is a great thing isn't it ( thats rhetorical in case you didn't know).

:usflag::usflag:

• Like Like x 3
  14. crv

crv Senior Member

Since when have opinions become judgement?, oh, wait, that's your own liberal rhetoric and play on words. Slippery, not surprised you live where you do.
    This says everything about you, nothing to see here folks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 3175375

3175375 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I’d be careful waving the ‘you don’t understand- my wife is a minority and she’s experienced discrimination’ flag.
    My cousin’s son is married to a minority and he uses her race to blame the government for all kinds of things.
    I was married to a minority and our son didn’t get $hit. We saw a classmate of his get a full ride scholarship at Stanford university (he wasn’t even accepted) and my son is an Eagle Scout, had a higher GPA, took more AP classes, and was more active in civic volunteering than his classmate.
    I don’t bitch about it or try to claim inequality. I encouraged my son to find a different path and he did and is doing very well (he later went on to get his MBA - with straight A’s, by the way).
    Our Society is not fair.
    I remember my Dad telling me when I had been bitching about something, ‘Steve, life isn’t fair. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be happier.’

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. polara71

My uncle once said " Who the Hell ever said life was fair"

You'll never hear me say, thats not fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 68PK21 440.6bbl

68PK21 440.6bbl Old Man with a Hat

Cancel Culture? heh that's a good one, is that 'name calling' or 'phrase phlinging'?

mate mate mate in my wise old age and many generations of southern blood I have learned to never argue with a Yankee and oh boy am I reminded of that daily with the infestation of them around here now.

18. 68PK21 440.6bbl

68PK21 440.6bbl Old Man with a Hat

Sooooo.... Since we have a Hmong charged I wonder what implications that brings to this shit storm?

19. polara71

So you're a liberal Democrat

• Like Like x 1
  20. MarPar

MarPar Meat Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kippy

Kippy Member

I understand what your saying and I appreciate it as my gay son has experienced much discrimination, much more than most if not all minorities.
    The thing is Id fight to the death if anyone would harm him but what drove me to seek help from a healthcare professional was the fact I knew I couldn't protect him from the biased, bigotry and hate I knew he would encounter and yes he did encounter it.
    So yes I get what your saying about your wife and I understand your willingness to protect and defend her
    As applied in todays situations my son never used it as a reason or justification and he also never used a serious health care issue he has as a crutch in addition.
    He handled it and did his best and im very proud of him. He has faced hostilities from every race there is and so when I hear what I hear now in whats going on around the country I shake my head.
    What is being reported is Mr Floyd tried to pass a fake US currency to buy a pack of cigarets, he became embroiled in a dispute with the clerk who also thought he( Floyd) was under the influence. Its also reported he refused to give back the item he paid for.
    He resisted arrest. According to the video footage the world has seen, it appears he was subject to excessive force and tragically died.
    Mr Floyd was a convicted felon who according to family was trying to turn his life around but yet he was caught in this confrontation.
    My feeling is at times bad things can happen as a result of bad situations and no Mr Floyd didn't deserve to die but he put himself in a bad situation and not being a attorney id think a lessor charge against those police offices is more warranted.
    Now of course many in this nation are outraged by the actions of our LEO's and I have to wonder how many police officers will think twice when trying to apprehend criminals, least they be accused of police brutality
    The country is making excuses, its all we do, we excuse anyone we align ourselves with no matter what their actions are, what they say or the things they do.
    Accountability is a thing of the past. The truth is only the truth when it helps us.

So now the truth be known to any who read this post. I wonder if anyone feels as I do, not that I would care as I stoped caring about who thinks what a long time ago.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1