Can I say this?

General Discussion

1. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

Well then, as a wise old southerner you'll likely appreciate this germane Margret Thatcher quote.
    I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Davea Lux

Davea Lux Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

According to the medical examiner's report, Mr Floyd also had Fentanyl in his system in addition to being positive for covid-19. He was at high risk for breathing issues from the disease and the drugs. The restraint hold by the police pushed him over the edge. At best this might be a manslaughter or negligent homicide case, because I do not think that it can be proven that the officer intended to kill Mr Floyd. I do not know if that matters as far as the current charges are concerned as we have now moved into the political arena to try and restore public calm. The courts will eventually have to sort out the appropriateness of the charges. It is a tragic situation no matter how one looks at it.

Dave

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. twostick

twostick Senior Member

There's evidence he knew the $20 was fake?

I don't care what they convict those cops with as long as they wind up in prison in gen pop.

If a civilian choked out another civilian with his knee and the guy dies, it's murder no questions asked and depending on the state, those other stooges would be looking at felony murder just for being there.

Kevin

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Kippy

Kippy Member

It's reported just before Mr Floyd tried to use the counterfeit bill, someone else also tried to pass off a fake twenty. Regurdless, Floyd left without paying,he argued with the clerk and kept the item,leaving the store. This is why police were called....I'm not defending or admonishing anyone. I'm saying this is what I read and yes I agree after Mr Floyd stoping resisting or when it was apparent he was in medical distress,police should have gotten off of him and tried to help him.....The question we need to ask is when a police officer is in a life and death struggle is he allowed and means possible to overcome his attacker as a chokehold if he can apply it may be the only option to save his life

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

And as such is one of those "self appointed intelligent elites" that just knows they're smarter than anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

A "wise" southern one at that LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Davea Lux

On the rare instances where law enforcement officers are incarcerated, they are never placed in gen pop. They are always placed in the segregation unit for their safety as they might encounter individuals they helped send to jail. We are probably years from knowing what these officers will be convicted of. There will be a long and bitter fight over both the medical condition of the victim, a convicted felon who was combative and high on drugs and what the intent of the officers was. They will all testify that they intended to restrain the victim and insure his co-operation. It will be up to the prosecution to prove otherwise, an almost impossible task. I believe these officers were probably negligent in not starting CPR and/or checking for a pulse when the victim lost consciousness. Fentanyl can trigger both a heart attack and a respiratory collapse, so can covid-19. The victim was talking to officers, so it is doubtful his air way was blocked, he may well have had a heart attack which was why he collapsed in the first place. I am sure we will hear much more testimony from medical experts before this is done, so I will not rush to judgement one way or the other.

Dave

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Davea Lux

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. Davea Lux

As the saying goes, history does not repeat, but it often rhymes. We shall see in November. I fully expect that the inner city will keep erupting into chaos over the summer given the lack of response by big city mayors. In this election, the suburban votes will probably hold the key, with protesters/rioters chanting "We are coming for the suburbs", do you really think that these voters are going to vote for ineffective Democrats and their platform of strict gun control. I can not speak for the East Coast, but in Oregon everyone is disgusted by what happened to Mr Floyd, but they are even more disgusted by the lawlessness and property damage that followed the incident. If you had not noticed, gun stores everywhere are selling out, I wonder why that is?

Dave

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Davea Lux

In another development, "Project Veritas" successfully infiltrated the Portland, OR antifa group and produced some info on them.. Story at www.breitbart.com.

Dave

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  11. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

If Biden is the best they can come up with the DNC is in trouble.
    Much of this craziness I suspect is a result of their absolute desperation.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Davea Lux

Yes, but he does want to ban the "AR-14", a firearm that does not exist. That makes him acceptable to the democrat inner sanctum.

Dave

13. crv

crv Senior Member

Methinks Nipples Cuomo might be introduced into the running.

14. Dana

Dana Woodruff Carburetor Specialties FCBO Vendor

I think THIS is the big picture. I really do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  15. Davea Lux

That has been the rumor for some time. Nips has a lot of baggage though. The problem fro the DNC is that demented Joe would appear to have enough delegates to win the nomination. But this is the DNC, he might accidentally shoot himself twice in the back of the head to open the door for an "emergency" candidate.

Dave

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 69 300 vert

69 300 vert Well-Known Member

While I won't disagree about the outcome of the next election I will take exception to the lack of ability. He lacks ability only with people who think we need a "national daddy", people who think the president should tell them to get shots, feel their pain, etc. Nor is he a globalist, globalism is fascism personified on a worldwide scale, the fascination with this floors me. Nor is he supporting my paying for the healthcare of every illegal the democrats (and rino's) can import for their corporate masters.

He doesn't appear to be "all there" but at least he is an American, the ONLY one to actually be against illegal immigration and do something about it rather than give it lip service. He's the ONLY one who wants to bring back our manufacturing, the only one who cares about American jobs.

He's not supporting a state sponsor of terrorism, like his predecessor. Nor is he a Russian agent, like his predecessor.

(I'm sorry about youtube, as of last night it's dead to me)

History gives LOTS of lessons about importing low wage slaves for business to exploit (I thought leftists regarded business evil as the devil?) Look at the Chinese building railroads, in the 20th century the Ludlow mining massacre. Many other examples of why it's a bad idea to upset the labor supply and demand ratio. You have no ability to make demands if you can be replaced tomorrow with somebody who will work for far less. Even if they're far less capable, a bean counter will make the choice of cheap labor EVERYTIME.

He isn't telling us how many genders (where in hell did this lunacy come from?) he thinks there are now or expressing his preferred pronoun. Nor is he engaging in cultural appropriation like so many other leftists.

With the MSM twisting everything he says and taking him to task for his real foibles (something they fail to do with democrats) they may very well get dementia Joe and his heir apparent elected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 69 300 vert

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  19. rags

rags Senior Member

i think the opposite. U.S.A. soldiers would never fire on civilians and government on every level is way to dumb to organize anything. better chance of complete collapse.

20. Dana

Dana Woodruff Carburetor Specialties FCBO Vendor

I think when corona comes back around, they will try to hold us down twice as much as last time. Then when people call BS they will refer to the George Floyd riot rules. Just a Theory, but I stopped believing in coincidences long ago

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. polara71

No, when the MSM stops brainwashing you. I then will have a talk with uncle Don.
    How do you know its him and not someone else on his Twitter account on his behalf?

Up until now everything you and those other two have hung your hat on has been very inaccurate. All of which debunked by the truth.
    If you don't like him for his Twittering than its all over.

22. The Goose

The Goose Senior Member

You guys just need to look at this whole insane string of events from hillary’s perspective...

56314C74-D0DF-4698-B10A-AF100EF56A4E.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. 69 300 vert

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  24. polara71

She is the lowest of the low .
    Check that, the Clinton's are the lowest of the low, along with Obama.

Define .....is.

• Agree Agree x 1