Can someone help identify these radios?

tallhair

Rufus T. Firefly
Staff member
Reaction score
I have these radio's and I'm not sure what year(s) they are correct for. They came from my Dad's estate. Some are C I know, some are more than likely from Diplomat's as Dad had I think 3 cop cars over the years (M body?), some are probably 71 and up B don't know if there were any years were B and C had the same after 70 as I'm primarily familiar with pre 71 B-body parts

A.

and

B.

Radios - what are they 1.jpg

C.

Radios - what are they 2.jpg.

D.

Radios - what are they 3.jpg

E.

Radios - what are they 4.jpg

F.

Radios - what are they 5.jpg

Appreciate any help you guys can offer

Radios - what are they 1.jpg

Radios - what are they 2.jpg

Radios - what are they 3.jpg

Radios - what are they 4.jpg

Radios - what are they 5.jpg

Last edited:
A and E look like 70 -73 / 71- 73 Plymouth and Dodge C body

Thanks Dave but I don't understand the year split .. were Plymouth and Dodge C body radios diff in 70 and same in 71?

Or did you mean A is 70 - 73 and B is 71 - 73?

appreciate the response

The 1970 Dodge dash was different and utilized a straight faced radio which was also different in appearance. The 1969 through 73 Fury used a somewhat curved dash and the radio face plate has this curve. The 1971 -73 Full size dodge uses the same radio as the furies

187134 2009 right dash plate.jpg1971 dodge monaco 2009 215961 dash pad.JPG

187134 2009 right dash plate.jpg

1971 dodge monaco 2009 215961 dash pad.JPG

The 1970 Dodge dash was different and utilized a straight faced radio which was also different in appearance. The 1969 through 73 Fury used a somewhat curved dash and the radio face plate has this curve. The 1971 -73 Full size dodge uses the same radio as the furies

View attachment 12391View attachment 12392

Got it and I was actually second guessing myself after posing the first possibility .. as in no way the dodge had a one year only radio surely he meant the latter LOL

Were the inmates running the asylum also known Chrysler Engineering? It's very apparent that there was no one sane person riding herd over all the separate divisions. At GM, at least the bean counters, for good or bad, would have stepped in and said "whoa, kiddies. Let's all get in step here"

< Sent from my tablet >

Were the inmates running the asylum also known Chrysler Engineering? It's very apparent that there was no one sane person riding herd over all the separate divisions. At GM, at least the bean counters, for good or bad, would have stepped in and said "whoa, kiddies. Let's all get in step here"

< Sent from my tablet >

That a very valid point that I'm coming to the realization on while getting more knowledgeable on the non-67 C bodies LOL

btw Stan surely you can help ID some of these radios can't you?

if it has a curved face, A is a 70 fury radio. the ones in 1969 had thumb wheels instead of knobs

Pictures D and F are for a Dodge or Plymouth B and E body... Charger, satellite, road runner Cuda, challenger...

Pm me as I could use the F for a core to rebuild for my 73 road runner build.

image.jpg

image.jpg

B looks like it came out of a Cordoba. Ran into a lot of them looking for earlier b body stuff that carried over after 75.... Radio's did not and are specific for 75 to 79 cordobas, chargers, fury and magnums.

Pictures D and F are for a Dodge or Plymouth B and E body... Charger, satellite, road runner Cuda, challenger...

Pm me as I could use the F for a core to rebuild for my 73 road runner build.

Thanks for the intel brother .. appreciate the time and help. Sending PM now

C is out of a (I'm assuming 74-77) C-Body. The following photo is from my parts car 74 Monaco Hardtop. I'm assuming they used the same radios throughout the formal years...
IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Radio B is early 80's radio...like 82 the knobs give that away...most likely from an M body, but the radios would fit just about any Mopar in those years . Radio D looks like its from a 79 just a feeling.

As mentioned, starting in 1974 Chrysler started moving towards a modular dash with common radios...it started with the C body line and then as cars were redesigned, they moved the common radios into the designs ..B bodies got the facelift in 75, trucks in 75, or 76,F,J, R & M bodies and so on...I think the only carline spared was the A body which soldiered on with the old non-common radio until their end in 76. Eventually all Mopar radios were interchangeable.

Back