Canadian thinking of a '66 Fury

Marker

Reaction score
Hi all, All my cars except two have been Mopars. My fave was a '66 Satellite, white with black vinyl roof, that I bought for $500 in 1982 with a 383-4, console auto, dual exhaust, and 130,000 miles. She purred very nicely, and embarrassed many Vettes and Trans-Ams of that era on the highway (when they'd zoom past us and we'd then catch up and pass them). It made the move with us from Montreal to Toronto, then we finally sold it for $200, as she needed body work and stuff that Quebec was not fussy about but Ontario was. (I wonder if she ever did get restored as the guy said he would?) Anyhoo, I've not even owned a car for the past 15 years. Went from a car nut to a bicycle nut. I thought that if I ever got another car it'd be some old A or B body survivor. A mid-60's Valiant would be just the ticket. Then I saw this advertised locally: 66Fury3.JPG66Fury3b.JPG Ad reads: "1966 Fury III Wagon. 383ci, 727 trans. New brake-master cylinder, new plugs and wires and new battery. Super-solid body, except for rear quarters. Running.Recently taken out of indoor storage. Need cash for another project. $2900 OBO". While it's not an A or a B body it IS a '66 Fury III and looks to be in pretty good shape. But while I can easily fix old bikes (I have one from 1937) a car is a very different thing. Getting those quarters fixed alone is beyond my experience (I've only done mild bondo). My sweetie just laughs when I mention this beast, but it keeps calling me. It's not far away, but I'm scared to go look at it for fear of actually buying it with no place to work on it properly. Did I mention I'm an artist with not exactly a lot of disposable income? Should I just walk away and wait for a nice "normal car", as my sweetie would say? I've been telling her we could go camping with by sleeping in the back but she said she's already had that experience and prefers a tent. :icon_eek: I can add more photos, or just provide the ad link (and let any Ontarians on this forum run and grab it). Thanks for any comments or suggestions! Mark

66Fury3.JPG

66Fury3b.JPG

Last edited:
You only live once, go for it. Don't live a life of regret. Sweet looking wagon--could be worse.

Back