Carb adpt plate?

carguy300

Reaction score
Hey guys, going to run edel avs2 1906 on my 300, 440. The carter was gone, no bolts or studs to mount carb. What should I use or does it matter and should I run an adaptor plate? Advice helpful. Thanks.

I have AVS2 1913 on my 1970 Fury 440. I used studs and nuts to install, no adapter plate. Car runs great!

Carburetor mounting gasket, Fel-Pro 60123, made in USA. Install over studs.
Carb Prep: Install allen head plug at rear of carb, ¼ allen wrench. Plug LF manifold vacuum port.
Carburetor: Install on top of gasket. Install 4 regular nuts & washers, blue Loctite on fine Stud threads, ½ ss, 10 ext, ¼-38, 3/8 TW at 200”lbs. The gasket has 4 metal cylinders that surround the studs. I believe the 200 inch pounds is to crush those metal cylinders such that the quarter inch gasket properly seals. Otherwise, that would be a very high torque for carburetor mounting.

I think rear port is needed for my brake booster. Whats cfm of that carb?

I just checked out that model at summit, looks to be a spread bore, my intake is stock square bore. Thanks for the heads up on gasket and hardware info

All AVS variants are "square bore" with the "Holley" (compared to 1967 and prior Carter "small bolt pattern" flange) mounting flange and air cleaner mounting hole configurations. Spread Bores usually have small primaries and LARGE (think 2.25") secondary throttle plate sizes.

Yes sir, that particular avs2, the bottom does have 2 different size plates, my junk carter does not. My concern is stud length and linkage issue from carter to edelbrock. My intake is factory.

Yes sir, that particular avs2, the bottom does have 2 different size plates, my junk carter does not. My concern is stud length and linkage issue from carter to edelbrock. My intake is factory.
Order the Mopar linkage adaptor from Edelbrock to fit the new Carb.
You can also use a 1 inch carb spacer that comes with matching threaded studs.
The reason for my spacer suggestion is it helps keep the carb cooler and also a few more ft.lbs. of torque.
Plenty of hood clearance with either factory or aftermarket air cleaner.
Hope this helps.

Screenshot_2022-09-03-22-51-43.png

Screenshot_2022-09-03-22-54-09.png

Both bolt patterns are on aftermarket carbs, usually, NOT the OEM carbs.

Order the Mopar linkage adaptor from Edelbrock to fit the new Carb.
You can also use a 1 inch carb spacer that comes with matching threaded studs.
The reason for my spacer suggestion is it helps keep the carb cooler and also a few more ft.lbs. of torque.
Plenty of hood clearance with either factory or aftermarket air cleaner.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 556070

View attachment 556071
Thanks for that info, makes it easier to decide!

I just checked out that model at summit, looks to be a spread bore, my intake is stock square bore. Thanks for the heads up on gasket and hardware info
I used 1970 factory square bore intake. Performer RPM intake did not fit under 1970 Fury hood with 1913 AVS2 and factory dual snorkel air cleaner
Yes sir, that particular avs2, the bottom does have 2 different size plates, my junk carter does not. My concern is stud length and linkage issue from carter to edelbrock. My intake is factory
I used 2 inch studs with AV2 and Felpro 60123 gasket. Left about .5 inch above the nuts.

Linkage: I agree with the Edelbrock adapter. A machinist can also lengthen the rod to your spec.

Just ordered 1906avs2, chrysler linkage adaptor and .500" spacer kit with stud/nut hdwr included. Will get back with results. Thanks for imput!

Btw, on a 68 the brake booster vacuum hose goes to a port in the back of the intake behind the carb.

Screenshot_2022-09-05-09-33-52.png

When buying an aftermarket intake manifold, lots of little small parts and plugs are included in the install kit. Similar with carburetors, but the plugs are usually to put in the carb itself, like some carbs have a hole in the rear of the base for power brake vacuum on GM cars, so a plug would be in that kit to plug that hole if not needed, I believe. IF that plug will also fit in the intake manifold vac hole, then it could be installed there instead (with some sealer on the threads).

Enjoy!
CBODY67

When buying an aftermarket intake manifold, lots of little small parts and plugs are included in the install kit. Similar with carburetors, but the plugs are usually to put in the carb itself, like some carbs have a hole in the rear of the base for power brake vacuum on GM cars, so a plug would be in that kit to plug that hole if not needed, I believe. IF that plug will also fit in the intake manifold vac hole, then it could be installed there instead (with some sealer on the threads).

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Ill find out as soon new carb arrives, the pic of the back of carb does show a threaded port maybe 5/16 or 3/8., where plug will need to go im assuming.

The bigger port in the front would be for PCV, like i said the carb had been removed prior to purchasing the carb.

Back