Carlisle 2017

Dave my friend. That size investment on the toll road iz only true if you're elevated with 5 axles or more. If so? then you chose 30 or 70, or 80 across the Keystone, it'z very simple. Jer
Not true anymore it is I believe $28 east and $22 west ez pass will give you a discount so only 2 times. The TP is a pain in the ***. If you turn right out of gate 1/3 it will put you on route 34, nice 2 lane pa windy road. That dumps you onto route322/22 west, 322 is now 4 lane limited access all the way to I80 then a little over 2 hours your sitting at Ohio line total extra the to stay off a dangerous Turnpike 1/2 hr extra my life is worth the 1/2 hr. If you get into a wreck on the PA turnpike with a big truck you have a pretty good chance you are going to die, narrow, up against the center barrier, walls or big drop offs on your right. No thanks. 2 winters ago people where trapped on that road for 22 hours, did not even get a free pass on the toll.

Last edited:
On Wednesday July 19 the PA Turnpike Commission agreed to a 6% fare increase for 2018. EZ Pass gets a slight discount. This has to be the most expensive toll road in the country. New Stanton to Carlisle, 151 miles, $20.45 this year. What a joke.

On Wednesday July 19 the PA Turnpike Commission agreed to a 6% fare increase for 2018. EZ Pass gets a slight discount. This has to be the most expensive toll road in the country. New Stanton to Carlisle, 151 miles, $20.45 this year. What a joke.
That's the 75 mile marker to the 226 mile marker, for a total of 151 miles. Divided into 20.45 equals 13.5¢ per mile to ride on a crappy road.

Hey y'all....... I finally arrived home yesterday after my Carlisle to Michigan to Alabama trip. It was great to see old friends and meet new folks from this site.
Thanks Dave & his family, Jeff and Jer for the company. It helped. And congradulations to Jeff on his 1st place award, and all the others who won an award.

That's the 75 mile marker to the 226 mile marker, for a total of 151 miles. Divided into 20.45 equals 13.5¢ per mile to ride on a crappy road.

Compared to our roads in Michigan the Pike is as smooth as my pool table!

Hey y'all....... I finally arrived home yesterday after my Carlisle to Michigan to Alabama trip. It was great to see old friends and meet new folks from this site.
Thanks Dave & his family, Jeff and Jer for the company. It helped. And congradulations to Jeff on his 1st place award, and all the others who won an award.
Keep your scatter gun loaded My Friend. I hear the bad guyz are usin' Peanut Butter to break out of the gray bar hotel down your way now. Glad you had a safe and pleasant journey Pal. Already countin' the dayz 'til 2018 Carlisle, Jer

It was a pleasure spending time with you again. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Garlits.

It was a pleasure spending time with you again. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Garlits.

I plan on being there. All paid for already, even an RV site on the grounds for Connie. I also pre paid for my 2018 Carlisle vendor spaces before I left as an incentative to plan on next year

I'm working on the logistics of pulling an overnighter this year at Garlits. 50/50 at this point. I dunno. We'll see...

I plan on being there. All paid for already, even an RV site on the grounds for Connie. I also pre paid for my 2018 Carlisle vendor spaces before I left as an incentative to plan on next year
Will the kids and I enjoyed the little bit of time that got to visit with you. i look forward to seeing you again next July.

There's an extra bunk in Connie if you need it Stan. Not to bad, ask Jeff.
I'm working on the logistics of pulling an overnighter this year at Garlits. 50/50 at this point. I dunno. We'll see...
Stan, you'll forever regret passing on this invitation... Connie provides a good sleep and the company is outstanding. I hope you can make this plan work.

Wow. That was unexpected. I was thinking air mattress in my trunk. lol.
Ummm, I'm humbled. I'd like to tentatively take you up on that, Will. Thank you very much. ☺️

Smooth has nothing to do with a crappy/dangerous road.
I use the turnpike to bypass Rt 81 around Scranton. It is safer than Rt 81 given that there is much less traffic, less construction and a 70MPH speed limit. Not having to put up with the Scranton traffic that seems to be either driving 40 MPH or 100 MPH is a bonus.

Given that, blowing along the Jersey barriers at 80 plus in my 300 seems "safe".

Back