Carlisle 2018, cantflip's summer vacation thread...

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Holy poop! Carlisle is right around the corner and I've got much to do before I go. I screwed up my vacation time for the Ohio Nats this year, so Carlisle is it for me.

The outline of my trip... AutoTrain from here to DC... drive to Huntingdon and meet the family... then the fairgrounds... finally find my way back to FL via a visit or two with some folks along the way. The finer details will work themselves out along the way.

This year should be fewer junkyards/car parts and more museums. I'd like to see a couple of Tucker's before they park Teslas next to them...

No hotels this trip, I'll be dragging the pop up and staying in the swap... I'm really looking forward to not leaving the fairgrounds, and enjoying all the traffic that goes with that. It wouldn't take much to beat the roach motel from my first trip, but I'll miss spending time with Jer.

Damn! I still don't have the new engine for the NYB yet. I might be forced to take the Ram instead.

BTW, a quick question... has anyone dealt with these guys? CHRYSTLER-DODGE-PLYMOUTH GAS TANK SENDING UNITS >>> Classic Car Auto Parts

I would like a new sending unit before the trip so I have a better idea of when I need gas... but the fact that their title on the tab reads "CHRYSTLER" really shakes my confidence.
I bought my sending unit from Vans. Other than needing to adjust it "still" it works fine and has from the get go. I need to tweak the float arm, but it's not a huge priority for me.

BTW, a quick question... has anyone dealt with these guys? CHRYSTLER-DODGE-PLYMOUTH GAS TANK SENDING UNITS >>> Classic Car Auto Parts

I would like a new sending unit before the trip so I have a better idea of when I need gas... but the fact that their title on the tab reads "CHRYSTLER" really shakes my confidence.

I got my sending unit from them for the Monaco. Was the only place I could find offering them for formals at the time.

It works great! Didn’t need any adjusting out of the box for me.

ECD3A8E2-3B67-47B8-A21F-2B563CCE4516.jpeg

Let us know your swap meet space number so we can stop by.
I just have the one spot, next to Will @bluefury361 ... My pop up will consume most of it. My space is P137... easy to find on the map, because its the one with the big sewer cover (dot on map).
I bought my sending unit from Vans. Other than needing to adjust it "still" it works fine and has from the get go. I need to tweak the float arm, but it's not a huge priority for me.
Thank you... I wouldn't worry so much about it's calibration as I'd just like to know when I need to refuel.
You bringing any kiddos?
I may John. Ava is 12 and Johnny Pete is 9, I’ll see if one or both are interested.
I've only got 2 cameras... :lol:
Man you got lucky.
@cantflip
You will love not having to leave the grounds. So what time is dinner served?
As soon as you wake up... :welcome:
corona_cooler_open-m1.jpg

I just have the one spot, next to Will @bluefury361 ... My pop up will consume most of it. My space is P137... easy to find on the map, because its the one with the big sewer cover (dot on map).

Thank you... I wouldn't worry so much about it's calibration as I'd just like to know when I need to refuel.
I think the spot with the sewer cover is a low spot, so if it rains hard it turns into a river, just a heads-up. And keep in mind it IS a SEWER cover, and NOT air tight.
Also, I wouldn't wait until the last minute on that tank unit, just in case there are any issues with it. My brother has bought several reproductions, and has had issues with a LOT, if not all, of them. I don't know where he got them.
SEE YOU THERE!

Back