Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

We were staying at the Comfort Inn (2016,17,18) in Mechanicsburg, but that is where a NYC Mopar group stays and let's say, that wasn't working out well for us. I think @Ripinator had the same opinion.

So after going to Chryslers at Carlisle last year for my first time, im friggin hooked.

The carz were all cool as hell, but what made it for me was meeting all you crazy bastards. So much so that on my way home last year I called my brother and booked my time off fer the 2020 show.

Soooooo this begs the question...who is staying where and when are you arriving??

I would like to try and get some sort of C-body block going at one of Carlisle's many fine lodging establishments :rolleyes:

Let's start with the Midwest Contingent...
@ayilar @71Polara383 @LocuMob @sixpkrt @Xenon
I was going to stay where @1978 NYB stays at, can't recall the name now.

We stayed in the Courtyard in Mechanicsburg. Actually, it was a good place, but there was very few other Mopar guys there.

Now... That said, it could be a great place for us to "take over". Places around there to eat etc. You take the back way to the fairgrounds and it's a nice 20 minute drive to Carlisle.

The Courtyard, eh? Do they have an available common area to all hang out, etc etc?

The Courtyard, eh? Do they have an available common area to all hang out, etc etc?
About like any other Courtyard. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/harwm-courtyard-harrisburg-west-mechanicsburg/

harwm-courtyard-0076-hor-clsc.jpg

We stayed in the Courtyard in Mechanicsburg. Actually, it was a good place, but there was very few other Mopar guys there.

Now... That said, it could be a great place for us to "take over". Places around there to eat etc. You take the back way to the fairgrounds and it's a nice 20 minute drive to Carlisle.
Sounds pretty interesting! I wonder if we could get a bunch of rooms? John do you think you have time to inquire?

We were staying at the Comfort Inn (2016,17,18) in Mechanicsburg, but that is where a NYC Mopar group stays and let's say, that wasn't working out well for us. I think @Ripinator had the same opinion.
We stayed there too I believe at the same time John, but we didn't really know any of you that well, I believe Rip was there also, and yes the NYC Idiots pretty much took over the place with their, let's just say “Attitudes"

Last edited:
Screenshot_20191210-045439.png

Last year we stayed at this Best Western. We like to stay at the Holiday inn express but once the price went over 200 a night I checked out.
We're already on board for the Best Western again this year. It is an older motel that was recently updated, very clean and close to what I personally want to be close to.

Stay away from the Motel 6 we stayed there twice. The first time and last time. Curry, bedbugs and the smell of bad meat or good cheese aren't a good combination.

I would like to try and get some sort of C-body block going at one of Carlisle's many fine lodging establishments :rolleyes:

Let's start with the Midwest Contingent...
@ayilar @71Polara383 @LocuMob @sixpkrt @Xenon[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a plan.
The location in Mechanicsburg sounds to be not too far, but far enough for a C body gathering from around the country.
It even has a nice grill.:rolleyes:

Stay away from Super 8, or pooper 8 as I call it across from the Middlesex diner. We stayed there in 2018 and we did not care for it at all, smelled like cigarettes as soon as you walked in the room. We also wanted to go in the pool but the damn thing was closed. Trust me the one in Lake George NY is much better. We stayed there too. Last year in 2019 we stayed at Red Roof Inn. Great place, few other Mopar guys there too. However they raised the prices last year so this coming year in 2020 I think we're staying at the travel lodge, or Econo-lodge I forgot which one. It has lodge in it that's all I know. As i said the plan is to bring the purple 4 door sedan.

View attachment 336136

Last year we stayed at this Best Western. We like to stay at the Holiday inn express but once the price went over 200 a night I checked out.
We're already on board for the Best Western again this year. It is an older motel that was recently updated, very clean and close to what I personally want to be close to.
Appears to be sold out.

Getting a block of rooms is going to be tough to do anywhere in that area. I've negotiated with hotel people before and they aren't going to be interested in cutting any deals when they are going to fill up anyway.

We've been staying in the Mechanicsburg area for a few years now. I started staying there when I went to a couple of Corvettes at Carlisle events and they just work out for us a little better. Generally speaking, once you get into that area, hotels get cheaper and easier to come by.

I take RT 641 which dumps you out on RT 11 near the Army barracks. It's about 15 miles of nice country driving and misses most of the traffic up by the RT 76/ RT 81 exits.

I’ve stayed in Shippensburg a couple times. Think it was about a half hour drive to fairgrounds.
Last time I looked there was a couple motels at the exit.

Marriott's in Mechanicsburg seem to still have rooms. I've stayed in both in the past and have liked them both.

upload_2019-12-10_19-1-17.png

TownePlace has almost an exclusive exit off the turnpike.

upload_2019-12-10_19-5-44.png

Unfortunately I won't be there this year. Hope you all have a good time.

I stay in row B. At anytime around 4:30-5:30am, on my way to take care of business I can run across Jeff (can'tflip) wandering around before the crowd starts to show up.

I stay in row B. At anytime around 4:30-5:30am, on my way to take care of business I can run across Jeff (can'tflip) wandering around before the crowd starts to show up.
P row camping has it's merits, but none of you wake up early enough to amuse me... eventually I'll grow the pair required to roll up on Dave and Diane for a horn check... probably not this year though, I wouldn't want to piss off Diane. :lol:

By the time I run across a bleary eyed Dave (70BBD), I've already been coffeed and a had my morning S's, so he's no fun either. I can never tell if he's grunting a "good morning" or GFY...:lol:

Back