Carlisle 2022

On Friday and Saturday mornings, everyone goes in gate #3 but I've had good luck going in gate #2 and driving up the side road (where the A Bodies usually are inside the chain link fence) to my spot. Much quicker.

There's also gate #5 on Calvary road off of route 11. It's a dirt road with a lot of dust, but if you don't mind that it's an even quicker way in and gets you in at the top corner of the fairgrounds by the trailer parking.

Hotel prices in Carlisle have gotten insane. My friends and I have always stayed near the I-81-11 junction. We booked in Mechanicsburg this year but I was also able to use my points to get a "deal" at Days Inn hoping my friends can find something near. We love the Middlesex Diner and like to have breakfast there then go back to our rooms to stock up before hitting the field. Not sure which room I'll cancel yet.
You could also bring a small RV trailer and park it in a vendor spot or two.

I've decided not to go this year. There's a number of reasons, and the tipping point was the Syracuse Nationals is the same weekend (20 minutes away), I did that last year and had a lot of fun and even reconnected with some old friends.

So, the guys that bitched and whined about how my car was classed last year can put their efforts into being stupid about something else.

I've decided not to go this year. There's a number of reasons, and the tipping point was the Syracuse Nationals is the same weekend (20 minutes away), I did that last year and had a lot of fun and even reconnected with some old friends.

So, the guys that bitched and whined about how my car was classed last year can put their efforts into being stupid about something else.
Enjoy the Nationals, I wouldn't mind some drag racing myself.

Enjoy the Nationals, I wouldn't mind some drag racing myself.
No drag racing, just a giant car show with 8-9000 cars. Syracuse Nationals

I got to park inside last year, next to some old friends. The second car down from my Barracuda is a green A12 Superbee that belongs to my late buddy Dave's son. Next to that is my good friend Bruce with my old A12 Roadrunner. The Superbee was the one done on Graveyard cars. When Bruce pulled in with my old car, Dave's son and I realized that almost 40 years ago those two cars were parked next to each other a lot... and it had been years since that had happened. Brought a tear to our eyes...

Bruce used to own my 300 too!

I should have two spots this year inside, a benefit of belonging the local AACA chapter.

njrMaUG.jpg

I need some help on what constitutes a stock vehicle for Carlisle. I have several cars (year 72 & 73) I would like to bring, and wondering what category to place them into. I received a note from the show sponsor that says, "Modified is 3 or more changes that were made from the factory built vehicle."

So, if I change the intake and heads I would still be stock. But with an aftermarket Carb. I would be modified? Would TTI exhaust be a change? How about block hugger headers? I am thinking about my restored 72 Brown Imperial/sunroof/cassette (player/recorder).

What are your thoughts?

I need some help on what constitutes a stock vehicle for Carlisle. I have several cars (year 72 & 73) I would like to bring, and wondering what category to place them into. I received a note from the show sponsor that says, "Modified is 3 or more changes that were made from the factory built vehicle."

So, if I change the intake and heads I would still be stock. But with an aftermarket Carb. I would be modified? Would TTI exhaust be a change? How about block hugger headers? I am thinking about my restored 72 Brown Imperial/sunroof/cassette (player/recorder).

What are your thoughts?

No one from Carlisle checks to see if a car is stock or modified. I would register your car in the stock class so you'll be with the rest of the FCBO guys. I register and park my 2019 Redeye Challenger on the C Body stock line.

Cool, I don't know why drag racing came to mind. Still like to see some.

Carlisle does sponsor an all Mopar drag race on Saturday night at a local track near Carlisle. I don't know if the Nationals does something similar.

What are your thoughts?
The rules are kind of fast and loose. I'd say that a lot of the cars in the "stock" classes through out the show (not just C-bodies) aren't really stock by the 3 modifications rule. A typical "stock" Mopar might have an electronic ignition, TTI exhaust, Edelbrock carb, headers, aftermarket stereo etc.... Stuff that would get points taken off if it were a judged AACA show. In fact, the way the participant judging works, some guys with cars in another class (I seem to think it's the A-body classes) will judge your car. Not exactly C body experts and not all the guys from that class will even bother to walk over and do any judging. Most are busy buying parts, looking at cars, or hanging with their buddies.

IMHO, the intake, head, headers, and carb mods could easily be interrupted as one mod (engine), but that's just my opinion. A lot of guys keep the hoods closed anyway, so you can't tell. There isn't anyone at the gate that checks each car and it's all participant judging, so use your own good judgement.

In other words, if the car appears to look stock, go for it. It's not a serious car show, just a gathering of people with Mopars. If the car doesn't look stock, put it in "modified". Use your own judgement and don't worry about it.

I'll be doing an Imperial theme this year. Will bring the 58 Ghia Limo, 56 Imperial, 59 imperial convertible, 62 imperial convertible, 62 Lebaron and 65 imperial

I'll be doing an Imperial theme this year. Will bring the 58 Ghia Limo, 56 Imperial, 59 imperial convertible, 62 imperial convertible, 62 Lebaron and 65 imperial
I guess I will not bring my (former your, and Doc's) 73 Black 4 door Imp. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

guess that explains why on saturday i couldnt park in the c body row with my newport
Bob was parked in a row opposite the c bodies and not taking a spot and even then, he was later and didn't stay long.

An Invitation to the FxBO Tent at Carlisle

So before I go on with too much about the tent I want to re-introduce myself. My name is Hawk, I am a member on FCBO but I don't have an C body so don't post here much. I am very active at FBBO and involved with getting a tent for use at the Carlisle show.

Some background:
  • At FBBO we have been paying for a tent for the last 3 years. Last year we finally broke the magic number to get over 25 people registering their cars as belonging to the FBBO car club. So this year it is free.
  • We have tried to see if Carlisle would allow for FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO to each have their own drop down choices but combine them for one tent. Short answer is they won't do that.
Carlisle 2022 is rapidly coming this year:
  • Ed Buczaskie, who works for the Carlisle fairgrounds, said car registrations are well above even last year's record numbers. The same is true for vendor spots. So it seems the show this year is shaping up to be one of the best ever.
  • I have worked with @Joeychgo so we can combine forces for a tent. As more people register their cars for a given car club, the tent will grow in size too. So every registration makes a difference.
    This year the tent will be a combined FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO place to visit and enjoy. Officially according to Carlisle, it is still the FBBO tent, but we will use it for all and welcome all FxBO members.
  • In order to grow the tent size and what we can do with it, please register your show cars as FBBO. There is a drop down when registering that allows this choice to be made. (Yes, I know, your car is not a B body, but who cares? This will give us potentially a bigger tent and also more we can do with it.)
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:
  • I'd like help putting together lunches for Friday and Saturday. Last year we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. If we all bring a small item (coordinated as a group), we'll be in good shape and will have a couple of nice lunches.
  • Also, please contact me if you are willing to put together a seminar or tutorial to help people with Mopar related tasks. Maybe a gas welding clinic? How to for Mopar carbs? etc. Hopefully these can be a help to us and another great way to share knowledge with the FxBO members
  • I will also be trying to get some handouts and/or prizes to those who volunteer and/or for those who register. I don't know if this will be possible yet, so don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
  • I would like to make the tent a free or very cheap watering station for members. Perhaps we can put our heads together to help do this.
Anyway, a lot more to come.

One important point is that I plan to drive across country in May and June (with my old Road Runner), so I won't have much time for some of the planning. I'd appreciate help so we can all do a little and enjoy a lot. If you are interested in helping in any way, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

P.S. So once again, PLEASE register your car as FBBO. With enough people registering, the tent is free. As more register, the tent gets larger. So let's see if we can get a big tent!!!

An Invitation to the FxBO Tent at Carlisle

So before I go on with too much about the tent I want to re-introduce myself. My name is Hawk, I am a member on FCBO but I don't have an C body so don't post here much. I am very active at FBBO and involved with getting a tent for use at the Carlisle show.

Some background:
  • At FBBO we have been paying for a tent for the last 3 years. Last year we finally broke the magic number to get over 25 people registering their cars as belonging to the FBBO car club. So this year it is free.
  • We have tried to see if Carlisle would allow for FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO to each have their own drop down choices but combine them for one tent. Short answer is they won't do that.
Carlisle 2022 is rapidly coming this year:
  • Ed Buczaskie, who works for the Carlisle fairgrounds, said car registrations are well above even last year's record numbers. The same is true for vendor spots. So it seems the show this year is shaping up to be one of the best ever.
  • I have worked with @Joeychgo so we can combine forces for a tent. As more people register their cars for a given car club, the tent will grow in size too. So every registration makes a difference.
    This year the tent will be a combined FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO place to visit and enjoy. Officially according to Carlisle, it is still the FBBO tent, but we will use it for all and welcome all FxBO members.
  • In order to grow the tent size and what we can do with it, please register your show cars as FBBO. There is a drop down when registering that allows this choice to be made. (Yes, I know, your car is not a B body, but who cares? This will give us potentially a bigger tent and also more we can do with it.)
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:
  • I'd like help putting together lunches for Friday and Saturday. Last year we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. If we all bring a small item (coordinated as a group), we'll be in good shape and will have a couple of nice lunches.
  • Also, please contact me if you are willing to put together a seminar or tutorial to help people with Mopar related tasks. Maybe a gas welding clinic? How to for Mopar carbs? etc. Hopefully these can be a help to us and another great way to share knowledge with the FxBO members
  • I will also be trying to get some handouts and/or prizes to those who volunteer and/or for those who register. I don't know if this will be possible yet, so don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
  • I would like to make the tent a free or very cheap watering station for members. Perhaps we can put our heads together to help do this.
Anyway, a lot more to come.

One important point is that I plan to drive across country in May and June (with my old Road Runner), so I won't have much time for some of the planning. I'd appreciate help so we can all do a little and enjoy a lot. If you are interested in helping in any way, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

P.S. So once again, PLEASE register your car as FBBO. With enough people registering, the tent is free. As more register, the tent gets larger. So let's see if we can get a big tent!!!

Hawk: I think you shoulda run this idea up the flagpole here at FCBO BEFORE you went so far with it. It appears you have been around here for only about ten minutes, so you really have no idea how the collective feels about this kind of thing. I for one will not register my car with B-Bodys. I have nothing against them and I luv them, but registering my car that way is gonna mess things as regards show field parking, etc. If you had been around here for a while longer, you would know this tent idea has already been discussed ad-nauseum. Regardless, I'll be happy to stop by your FBBO tent and eat yer hamburgers. Also, you are welcome to stop by my tent for a cold one and a chair in the shade. . .

I have been on FBBO since 2011 and I am very active there. I don't post much here because I do not have a C body.

Yes, the tent idea has been discussed ad-nauseum, also on FBBO, and I just finished discussing it (again) with @Joeychgo and got his permission and blessing to see how this goes. Since Carlisle does not allow for the four A, B, C and E body sites to be grouped together, we are trying this. There is no perfect solution, the goal here is to not to let perfect get in the way of better.

I am simply trying to get a group of us together that respect and enjoy all the old Mopars. I personally feel if we work together we can get a good sized tent and a cool area for many of us to hang out and/or stop by. If you want to do your own thing, that's fine.

@Ripinator hsorman means register under the FBBO club, the car can still be registered under the C body class as normal, and won't affect parking.

Back