Carlisle 2022

Ill be there. Ill be staying at my folks place off of exit 266 of 76 (carlisle is exit 226). There is a hilton at that exit if people are having issues finding rooms.

@71Polara383 Ill be interested in looking through your parts stash!

Dont know if Ill bring the charger or the polara. depends on weather and whether or not the polara is still in Pittsburgh.

And as I often suggest, drive the 35 miles up the road to the AACA museum in Hershey and spend a couple hours going through there.
Hershey Antique Auto Museum | AACA Museum | Hershey, PA
And as I often suggest, drive the 35 miles up the road to the AACA museum in Hershey and spend a couple hours going through there.
Hershey Antique Auto Museum | AACA Museum | Hershey, PA
The last couple of years we have wanted to go to Gettysburg after doing Carlisle, but it just hasn't worked out yet.

The last couple of years we have wanted to go to Gettysburg after doing Carlisle, but it just hasn't worked out yet.
When I do that trip, I take MD-34 to MD-94 to the old MD-15. It's a sharp right to get onto the latter, right as you exit the village of York Springs, onto what seems to be a small road that goes pretty steeply uphill. The old Route 15 is much nicer to drive on than the new highway called 15: the latter is well paved but is noisy concrete :)BangHead:) and it is just straight and boring.

If you choose to take MD-34 all the way (I have never done so), there is a nice family restaurant in Biglerville, PA called the Elkhorn Inn: we enjoyed a good meal there and the setting is very pleasant. Little Italy IV in New Oxford, PA is also good. Very nice people (owners and waiters) in both places when we visited in 2019 (pre-COVID).

upload_2021-12-21_16-30-52.png

Last edited:
We tried to reserve a room while we were leaving last time, but apparently the Army War College is taking over the town that weekend. There wouldn't have been a problem but Carlisle Events moved the meet a week later for some reason. Looking forward to walking freely after the start of double knee surgery in February.

We tried to reserve a room while we were leaving last time, but apparently the Army War College is taking over the town that weekend. There wouldn't have been a problem but Carlisle Events moved the meet a week later for some reason. Looking forward to walking freely after the start of double knee surgery in February.
Whew... I would sure hope you would be getting around better after that.

I will not be attending Carlisle this year. I have 3 very nice level vendor spaces available on row P, back along the fence. 10 X 28 each. Perfect for a camper or motorhome. You get shade up to noon.
I would prefer all three go to one person or group.
PM if interested.

Will.

I will not be attending Carlisle this year. I have 3 very nice level vendor spaces available on row P, back along the fence. 10 X 28 each. Perfect for a camper or motorhome. You get shade up to noon.
PM if interested.

Will.

Dang Will!

I hope everything is OK with you.

PM if interested.

Will.
I'll miss catching up with you.

Here's a deal for someone....
I always renew my spaces before leaving the fair grounds each year. Normal rate is $90.00 per space, X3 is $270.00 I get 5% off for early renewal. $256.50. I
I'll pass that on for all three spaces. You probably could find someone to take the other two spaces with out much trouble.

I've already got an offer from a member here for one space.

So give me feedback on vendor space practice. I've been to Carlisle many times but never with a car or as a vendor. I know it is frowned on to take a vendor space just to camp on so I could bring a table worth of parts and a tent and move between show field and vendor spot during the days. At night drive over to vendor spot for the evening. What does anyone think about that plan? Is that not cool? I want to help bluefury out but not at the expense of legit vendors. I would only be interested in 1 spot so still need another to take care of all 3 spots.

So give me feedback on vendor space practice. I've been to Carlisle many times but never with a car or as a vendor. I know it is frowned on to take a vendor space just to camp on so I could bring a table worth of parts and a tent and move between show field and vendor spot during the days. At night drive over to vendor spot for the evening. What does anyone think about that plan? Is that not cool? I want to help bluefury out but not at the expense of legit vendors. I would only be interested in 1 spot so still need another to take care of all 3 spots.

Many vendors do what you just described. I've done it when I had a car on the show field. If you have someone with you you can pick up a cheap set of walkie talkies and someone can monitor the vender spot. I've done that with an adjoining vendor in the past.

[QUOTE="bnz84, I would only be interested in 1 spot so still need another to take care of all 3 spots.[/QUOTE]

There ya are, two spaces accounted for.

One word of advice if you have an open vendor spot. Put something there early so no one parks in the spot.

Some years ago, I did some favors for a friend, and the idea was I bringing some parts back in my truck. He split 4 or 5 places with another couple guys and had one spot for parking across from him. He told me "come down and park there". We had to kick out a couple vendors that decided it was free parking. They had snuck in when my friend and his buddies were busy and one guy wasn't too happy about it and said so.... It didn't ugly, but for a moment I thought I was going to have to find someone "in charge".

Hey Will, if you are transferring these spots by name and will not be transferring them to yourself again in the future, I would like to get the third spot so I can renew it for next year. I liked those spots down there.
If not, no big deal.
I was hoping to meet you this year so I feel it unfortunate that you are not heading out for this run.
Thanks again!!

You can arrive anytime the week before and access your space, I normally got to the fair grounds late Tuesday or early Wednesday and was all set up before Friday, (camper and vender display.
I would take my time loading on Sunday and leave Monday morning. I got full use out of my vendor fees.

On Friday and Saturday mornings, everyone goes in gate #3 but I've had good luck going in gate #2 and driving up the side road (where the A Bodies usually are inside the chain link fence) to my spot. Much quicker.

There's also gate #5 on Calvary road off of route 11. It's a dirt road with a lot of dust, but if you don't mind that it's an even quicker way in and gets you in at the top corner of the fairgrounds by the trailer parking.

Hotel prices in Carlisle have gotten insane. My friends and I have always stayed near the I-81-11 junction. We booked in Mechanicsburg this year but I was also able to use my points to get a "deal" at Days Inn hoping my friends can find something near. We love the Middlesex Diner and like to have breakfast there then go back to our rooms to stock up before hitting the field. Not sure which room I'll cancel yet.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I just reserved a room at the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsburg. The price for a room has almost doubled since I booked for 2020. Oh well, here's hoping things continue to improve with the virus and border situation.
:thumbsup:

Back