Carlisle 2022

An Invitation to the FxBO Tent at Carlisle

So before I go on with too much about the tent I want to re-introduce myself. My name is Hawk, I am a member on FCBO but I don't have an C body so don't post here much. I am very active at FBBO and involved with getting a tent for use at the Carlisle show.

Some background:
  • At FBBO we have been paying for a tent for the last 3 years. Last year we finally broke the magic number to get over 25 people registering their cars as belonging to the FBBO car club. So this year it is free.
  • We have tried to see if Carlisle would allow for FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO to each have their own drop down choices but combine them for one tent. Short answer is they won't do that.
Carlisle 2022 is rapidly coming this year:
  • Ed Buczaskie, who works for the Carlisle fairgrounds, said car registrations are well above even last year's record numbers. The same is true for vendor spots. So it seems the show this year is shaping up to be one of the best ever.
  • I have worked with @Joeychgo so we can combine forces for a tent. As more people register their cars for a given car club, the tent will grow in size too. So every registration makes a difference.
    This year the tent will be a combined FABO, FBBO, FCBO and FEBO place to visit and enjoy. Officially according to Carlisle, it is still the FBBO tent, but we will use it for all and welcome all FxBO members.
  • In order to grow the tent size and what we can do with it, please register your show cars as FBBO. There is a drop down when registering that allows this choice to be made. (Yes, I know, your car is not a B body, but who cares? This will give us potentially a bigger tent and also more we can do with it.)
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:
  • I'd like help putting together lunches for Friday and Saturday. Last year we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. If we all bring a small item (coordinated as a group), we'll be in good shape and will have a couple of nice lunches.
  • Also, please contact me if you are willing to put together a seminar or tutorial to help people with Mopar related tasks. Maybe a gas welding clinic? How to for Mopar carbs? etc. Hopefully these can be a help to us and another great way to share knowledge with the FxBO members
  • I will also be trying to get some handouts and/or prizes to those who volunteer and/or for those who register. I don't know if this will be possible yet, so don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
  • I would like to make the tent a free or very cheap watering station for members. Perhaps we can put our heads together to help do this.
Anyway, a lot more to come.

One important point is that I plan to drive across country in May and June (with my old Road Runner), so I won't have much time for some of the planning. I'd appreciate help so we can all do a little and enjoy a lot. If you are interested in helping in any way, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

P.S. So once again, PLEASE register your car as FBBO. With enough people registering, the tent is free. As more register, the tent gets larger. So let's see if we can get a big tent!!!
I have registered my 4 cars under the FBBO banner.

Well folks, sad news for us over here. We got told a couple days ago by my stepdads friend and body and paint guy that unfortunately the S/23 is NOT gonna be ready and restored in time for Carlisle this year :(. That said the plan right now, (although that could change) is to take the blue '68 Sport Fury fasttop

The good news is that the Pumpkin, or our FK3 1970 Fury III will still be going and will still be in the survivor tent. Feel free to check the car out if you would like and say hello if my stepdad, I, or both of us are there with the car.

I will be in swap meet space K 180 almost across from the rear entrance to building T. I can bring solid state voltage regulators for the '69 & earlier cars as well as 5-pin ignition modules. I am not sure if I am bringing much to sell but I will try to post items I have for sale that I can bring to Carlisle in the For Sale section. The '71 GT restoration will not be completed by Carlisle so I am not planning on bringing a car at this point. If anyone needs stripe kits for their '71 Sport Fury GT come and talk to me.

Bill

I'm not going to make the show this year. Too many things going on so I've decided to stay home and focus on getting the cars in better driving condition.

Depending on my health. I plan on coming up to Carlisle with my Redeye on Saturday. Doubtful that I can stand up long enough for a group photo. Any futures trips would just be a drive through.

This might be my last Carlisle trip....

CF9C02F7-BA33-4A53-8D7B-8E0D85939699.jpeg

Depending on my health. I plan on coming up to Carlisle with my Redeye on Saturday. Doubtful that I can stand up long enough for a group photo. Any futures trips would just be a drive through.

This might be my last Carlisle trip....

View attachment 537210
I will be in swap meet space K 180 almost across from the rear entrance to building T. I can bring solid state voltage regulators for the '69 & earlier cars as well as 5-pin ignition modules. I am not sure if I am bringing much to sell but I will try to post items I have for sale that I can bring to Carlisle in the For Sale section. The '71 GT restoration will not be completed by Carlisle so I am not planning on bringing a car at this point. If anyone needs stripe kits for their '71 Sport Fury GT come and talk to me.

Bill
Bob,
I'm sorry to hear that about your health.

Bill,
We will have to try to connect.

As much as I regret changing my plans for Carlisle this year, I won't be making the trip for the big show.
If anyone's still looking for a place to stay and interested in taking over the reservation, I have at Main Stay Suites from Wednesday, July 13th through Sunday, July 17th, PM me if interested by Friday, June 17th.
The place is only 4.7 miles to the fairgrounds compared to the place we stayed last year in Mechanicsburg which was 15.6 miles from the show.

Last edited:
As much as I regret changing my plans for Carlisle this year, I won't be making the trip for the big show.
If anyone's still looking for a place to stay and interested in taking over the reservation, I have at Main Stay Suites from Wednesday, July 13th through Sunday, July 17th, PM me if interested by Friday, June 17th.
The place is only 4.7 miles to the fairgrounds compared to the place we stayed last year in Mechanicsburg which was 15.6 miles from the show.
I'm sorry to here you won't be attending. I was so looking forward to a possible car caravan. With the repairs done to my 69 300. I'm ready to go. Will see you June 25th at The 6th Annual C Body Show. See you soon.

I would've definitely been doing the caravan with you @david hill and the others this year but using the roughly $2k+ that would've gone towards hotel costs, swap meet buys, food, beer & gas, and redirecting those $$ towards my daughter's wedding in September will be better spent on her special day.
Have you seen the cost of a wedding these days? It's like buying a new Dodge Challenger without the monthly financing.

I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it again this year but I made it official and cancelled our reservations at The Carlisle House downtown.

Between being part of the control group and therefore persona non grata in the US and business being booked solid to the end of the summer, I couldn't go even if I could cross the border.

The other couple that goes with us every year can't make it either so there are 2 connected suites available at the B&B if they haven't been snapped up already. Anybody that has a wife that reluctantly attends might show a little more enthusiasm if you stay at the Carlisle. It is simply the best money you can spend. We've stayed in the Anna Woods Suite for the last several years we've attended. Give them a call to see if it's available.

Luxurious Room for Weekend Getaways in Harrisburg Area or to CPYB

Kevin

I would've definitely been doing the caravan with you @david hill and the others this year but using the roughly $2k+ that would've gone towards hotel costs, swap meet buys, food, beer & gas, and redirecting those $$ towards my daughter's wedding in September will be better spent on her special day.
Have you seen the cost of a wedding these days? It's like buying a new Dodge Challenger without the monthly financing.

Tim & Kevin: Very sorry you guys won't be at Carlisle. Was really looking forward to seeing you. Now. . . What am I gonna do with that cooler full of Yeungling?

Good Morning
Got the 'Official' welcome letter yesterday (#C217).
Its been several years since I last attended, so I am stoked.
I am budgeting about $500 for gas (approx 1000 mile round trip).

What am I gonna do with that cooler full of Yeungling?
I like Yeungling.....
Omni

Back