Carlisle 2022

And yes, Manny got in touch with me this evening via PM, either because of your help with the @ or my "FULL" reply to his post. I'm sure either way works.

I went down 2 days this year. I Had a great time as always. One day I plan to do a 4 speed swap in a car, so common sense tells me to buy everything now. Anyway, the brand new 4 speed hump, I thought it said 150. They retail for 200 so I thought that's fair. I give the guy 150..few moments later, he comes running up to me. Hey, you gave me 100 too much! I was stunned. I mis read what it said I guess. Let that be a lesson for people. Although it shrinks rapidly with each passing day, Human decency still can be found on this earth.
20220723_172354.jpg

Due to family medical problems have preventing me from posting sooner. A big thanks to all members and friends who came by w/ words of praise and encouragement. The turnout in the 69-73 fuselage class was really amazing. To have premo representation of Fury's, Polara's and 300's make placing 2nd in class quite humbling. I was lucky to make a few parts scores in the swap meet area. The evening dinners at 1794 Whiskey Rebellion w/ Trace 300 Hurst, @ayilar and @Ripinator inspired by a wide number of discussion topics enhanced Carlisle 2022 experience. For those who missed this year, you better come next year. Below are a few photos I took.

DSC00170.JPG

DSC00171.JPG

DSC00172.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

Maybe I missed the 1st place winner Chris Dayka's 1971 Chrysler 300 in the many pages of this thread, but can someone show that car again? I did see a blue such car that was missing the side trim and had non factory wheels, so I am doubtful it was that one but maybe? I am not familiar with the strictness of the judging criteria at this meet. Dave Wheelers SFGT, however, is clearly a top level restoration.

Maybe I missed the 1st place winner Chris Dayka's 1971 Chrysler 300 in the many pages of this thread, but can someone show that car again? I did see a blue such car that was missing the side trim and had non factory wheels, so I am doubtful it was that one but maybe? I am not familiar with the strictness of the judging criteria at this meet. Dave Wheelers SFGT, however, is clearly a top level restoration.
Participant judging, the prettiest car that day wins.

"Stock" can be a bit ummm.... flexible in how interpreted. Kind of a "my car identifies as stock".

1659557833087.jpeg

I really hope that Carlisle locate the Imperials, 300 group and C-bodies together in the future.

Back