Carlisle is OVER... NEXT???

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the math yet... I kinda don't want to because I spent a lot doing Carlisle this year. Still I got a lot for the money and the chance to spend a little time (not enough) with many of you.

So as my brain is grinding through what I want to do next... for certain, I intend to bring at least one formal to the Garlits show (maybe as many as 3). I have to, it's too close to home.

Here is what I am seeing...

Garlits show- November 5th and 6th (moving to second weekend in 2017)

Florida Mopar Club- in Davie (by Ft Lauderdale) is the same weekend this and next year??? WTF

Carlisle Events Lake Land show- November 10th-13th... Back to back weekends this year, wonder how that will play out in 2017

I know Garlits is a goal, and I really wanted to last year (flu, ugly flu)...even though I was Formalless at the time. Besides, I'll get to see Will and Ellie again and finally meet (I hope) Zac and Stan.

I am asking the locals (Florida) what other events are their favorites? There is a ton of car stuff throughout Florida... Mostly after the heat dies down a little. I do plan to load the Woman into the NYB and try the Old Town cruise again (it has been many years) which is local and she liked well enough (Old Town was NOT deemed worthy of an Imperial by me... I didn't want to sit and guard the car) but is too touristy. I haven't made it to the Bushnell swap, somehow, but I know I'll not likely find much that I want there. The next is in September, so I will try to get there... parts car first, then maybe an Imperial if I like the vibe.

What's your suggestions?

Turn around start heading north see you at the Nats.
I wish... my fuel receipts alone are a deterrent... Plus I do have to return to work... I'm not one of those wealthy retirement types (they know who they are:poke:), or fat wallet truck drivers :poke:.

Seriously... would have enjoyed spending more time with you. I had to go hang at my car to meet up with the rear disc brake seller... whenever you come south, I promise to help ease your beer budget a little...:)

I do hope to do Carlisle again next year... but right now, who knows?

Here is some other cool stuff in Florida I want to do... someday.

The Revs Institute This is the Collier Collection... These cars are simply amazing. I briefly sold Snapon tools to the restoration shop and saw a lot of really awesome stuff in the back garage... I never did get around to a tour and the collection has a history of open/closed to the public. The cars are all maintained as functional and there are always some going to events like Pebble Beach and Amelia Island.

Home - Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club This stuff is just cool as hell to me. I do want to go to someday... never made it to their big show yet.

Welcome to Amelia Concours d'Elegance I need to spend too much to do this someday too... think they need a 74 Imp? That would be neat... not holding my breath. The Twins are great, but I don't believe they would make the cut... I may try just to be a wannabe...

As of now we plan to be at the Garlits show. The event organizers are still figuring out that there are actually C body admirers out there. They tried to group the Admiral in with the 69 Road Runners and Super Bees last year. I just went and found a good place to park and enjoyed the show.
Stan Dave and Zak have been there the past couple years, and even Carsten showed up once. It's a great forum for the C body gang to show up at, just don't get to serious about C specific parts and judging.

I met Kevin AKA 68Nwprt today, maybe he can make it.
His car is absolutely stunning, he is doing a very detailed restoration.

LOL that's ok, I wasn't there long anyhow.
Hopefully it's not so darn hot this year. I guess it's better than rain though.
Maybe the organizers will do a better job with the C bodies this year. Looking forward to seeing your new paint job!

As of now we plan to be at the Garlits show. The event organizers are still figuring out that there are actually C body admirers out there. They tried to group the Admiral in with the 69 Road Runners and Super Bees last year. I just went and found a good place to park and enjoyed the show.
Stan Dave and Zak have been there the past couple years, and even Carsten showed up once. It's a great forum for the C body gang to show up at, just don't get to serious about C specific parts and judging.

Will and Ellie, you folks were a big part of my fun at Carlisle... I very much look forward to meeting you again. I hope to convince "Management" to join in... but I will be there either way.

I could give a rat's behind about being "judged"... I am here because of you guys, I will enjoy the show... but I will enjoy meeting and spending time with the FCBO folks more.

I doubt the swap will be as much fun as Carlisle... so I expect to visit more.

Way too many Daves...

too%20many%20daves.jpg

I met Kevin AKA 68Nwprt today, maybe he can make it.
His car is absolutely stunning, he is doing a very detailed restoration.
Thanks for the kind words Doug. It was great spending some time, talking cars. Also thanks for the ride in the Fury. Very cool and fast!

I guess its time to get an update regarding the Garlits show. I'm planning to be there in the Parts Car. Who else is coming?

Back