Carmine?

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're behind this?

1960s 70s Chrysler Mopar Hemi 440 Newport

*I'm not selling a car, but let's not be a jerk and flag the ad. The 4-sale section is the only part of CL that gets views*

I'm trying to locate the owner of the car described below... We spoke at a car show on Garfield near 18 mile maybe 5-years ago. You were an older gentleman; a retired Chrysler employee with boating as a hobby. Your grandkids were with you and they seemed to be interested in the car, so perhaps one of them will be made aware of this posting. Since then I've seen your car at the St. Clair Shores Harper Cruise and my friends have seen it driving around in Northern Macomb County.

I'm not trying to buy it or stalk you. There were 3 "customized" C-bodies built that year for the Detroit Auto Show; as you know, yours was the Chrysler version. I recently purchased the Dodge version, still in it's original form. (The fate of the Plymouth is unknown) I'd like to get our cars back together long enough to have a magazine document their history, and would like to know if you can fill in some missing pieces regarding my car's story. This would help us both and preserve some cool Chrysler history. (Like you, I also work for Chrysler.)

That's it. No scams. No pressure. Just want to document a cool story. Mopar people may feel free to post this ad and my contact info on the Facebook. Email me or send me a text if anyone has info on THE EXACT CAR SHOWN BELOW, not your cousin's old 360 Duster that ran 9s on street tires.. The last two pictures show the (white) Plymouth and the custom (Sundance) emblem on my Dodge.

Mopar Charger Cuda Polara New Yorker Challenger Imperial
IMG_2903.JPG
IMG_2904.JPG

Thanks John, I guess I'm not surprised.

I wouldn't own it if I couldn't drive it.

This guy shows up sometimes on Monday nights at Funtime Cruzers at the Lakeside Mall

That's exactly the connection I'm hoping for.... If you remember, about a month ago I came up and talked to you about your '71 300 (You have a cool story you should tell on the site...Unless you did and I missed it?)

Anyway, I can't make that show every Monday because of other obligations. Could I get you to maybe print that CL ad and hand it to the owner (or just stick it in his car)? I'll PM you my phone number. Another designer that I've spoken with says that Jeffery Godshall would know the story on my Dodge, however Jeff has taken ill and is staying with family in Pennsylvania. He might not be up to answering such questions.

I'd like to speak to the Mariner's owner for two reasons...

1) He was working in the Highland Park vehicle garage when the Mariner was "processed" for sale; that's how he was the first guy to leave a deposit. There may be some chance he'd remember my Dodge. He was pretty old when I met him... If he was 40 in 1974, he'd be well into his 80s now.

2) I have a hunch the car is still in the family of the original owner. So even if the Dodge's history is lost, it would be cool to see Hemmings or another quality magazine do a story on the Mariner and the Aspen (Fury). I should think the family would like to see this, since they do show the car. They'd probably run my Dodge as a sidebar which might unearth something.

Last edited:
Back