carpet for 66 T&C

1966 t and c

Reaction score
Has anyone found a source for carpet for a 66 T&C? Stock Interiors has 69 and newer but nothing older than 69. Wonder if the 69 would fit? It looks very similar.

What happened?
I needed a small amount of the seat vinyl to repair a tear on the edge of the driver seat. Was thrilled to find that SMS had the original material in stock since it seemed no one made anything close especially the basket weave infills. We use our T&C a good bit, the kids love riding in it, so i thought it would be a good idea to order enough of both materials to do a complete recover in the future if needed. SMS web site states under Q&A section..."Cloth and vinyl orders that are in stock typically ship within three to five days". I placed the order and waited for a month before becoming concerned. Made the first of many calls and emails with one excuse after another and one promise after another to ship soon. Finally recieved the material many months later only to have the wrong solid color arrive and the basket weave vinyl had a discoloration that ran the entire length of the material for approx 8 inchs wide making about a 4th of the material worthless. There are many comments on the web about issues with SMS including this site. They often are the only supplier that has the material many of us need. Its unfortunate that they have such poor customer service. I dont like to get on line and bash anyone, you asked so this is what happened in my case. Several have stated on this site that they had good service from SMS.

Back