Carpet

LeadSled

Reaction score
So it’s Christmas fellas. Merry Christmas to everyone first off. I’ve got a 66 newport and I had been gifted new carpet for the car. But it’s labeled as 74-78. Does anyone know if that carpet will work? I assume it’s all the same just cut differently. If anyone can lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Along that same topic can anyone recommend trunk carpet replacement. Rotten roof led to very wet trunk. stuill have old carpet for template of sorts but underlayment is gone. Does anyone offer complete replacements? For a 70 Imperial by the way . Thank you

I’m gonna take the seats out and lay the carpet in there to see. It looks to be identical from what I could tell. What’s the reason that it’s so different?
You’re right, I’m Sorry. My bad.

I’m gonna take the seats out and lay the carpet in there to see. It looks to be identical from what I could tell. What’s the reason that it’s so different?
That is exactly what I would do. Bet you'll find it's close enough.

Minor contours can be changed with some cautious use of a heat gun. The pros use a steamer, but I've never had one... I've thought about using a wet towel and the heat gun, but never tried it.

Use an old soldering iron to make the seat belt and dimmer holes. Easiest and best way to do it.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Along that same topic can anyone recommend trunk carpet replacement. Rotten roof led to very wet trunk. stuill have old carpet for template of sorts but underlayment is gone. Does anyone offer complete replacements? For a 70 Imperial by the way . Thank you
For your trunk, you should be able to find a couple yards of cheap closed loop automotive carpet. I used the remnants of my old trunk mat and just cut out a piece. Ideally, it needs to be edged, but I never did and it looks good (to me anyway LOL).

For your trunk, you should be able to find a couple yards of cheap closed loop automotive carpet. I used the remnants of my old trunk mat and just cut out a piece. Ideally, it needs to be edged, but I never did and it looks good (to me anyway LOL).
The trunk is gutted, going to have 4 bucket seats inside the car instead of the double benches. Hopefully all looks good when it’s done

Back