SOLD Carter AFB carb #1431

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Carter AFB carb. The # on it is #1431. I ran this # several years ago & if I remember correctly the carb was off a 71-72 Chrysler 440 & shows to be a 625 cfm. It had a very bad bog from a dead start. I rebuilt it & the carb ran way better, but still had a slight hesitation off idle under heavy acceleration. I was using it on a street strip 440 Charger & instead of trying to further tune it I just bought a new 750 for the car & put this one on the shelf where it has been for at least 5 years. It is dirty & will need to be rebuilt again I'm sure. $50.00 plus shipping from Raleigh, NC PM me if interested

CORRECTION: I have been informed the # listed is not correct. The correct # is 41319

SOLD!!! SOLD

carter carb 057.jpg

carter carb 058.jpg

carter carb 059.jpg

carter carb 060.jpg

Last edited:
look on the front face left as it sits in the car for the correct number. The number you listed isn't the part number, the carb is pre-68 at least.

look on the front face left as it sits in the car for the correct number. The number you listed isn't the part number, the carb is pre-68 at least.

Yep you are correct. The # on the drivers side front is 41319 I took a pic if anyone needs verification. Otherwise I dont plan on up loading the pic.

Well I totally screwed that up. I put a kit in in for a early 70's Chrysler LOL Dont remember how I came up with that info. Anyway I would still like to sell it so if there is any interest PM me.

That would have been difficult, as the AVB had four venturis, so a newer carb kit didn't have the right parts. That may explain the running issues. We all make mistakes,but it is a good carb for the price. I may pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back