Carter AVS choke pull off linkage??

Sir Dodge alot

Reaction score
Hello again gents hoping you can shower me with your knowledge once more.

have quite a conundrum while rebuilding a Carter AVS #4635S.

I'm at the point where I can plop the carb & manifold on to the motor but realized there's a linkage I'm missing that goes on the choke pull off.

I'll provide pics of the linkage i'm looking for from other people's carbs as a referance.

Key questions:
Is it somthing I need to fab up?
Do I need to rob it off from another core carb?
Is it somthing I can buy?

I have not seen the linkage for sale anywhere.

Any part numbers relating to the linkage, hell any information on the linkage is much appreciated.

Thanks, looking forward to the replies.

Screenshot_20220807-055540_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-055723_Chrome.jpg

It would be best to seek to find one off of a carb core (that is otherwise "not rebuildable"), BUT being that it is basically a long rod bent-up, it should be duplicatable. ONLY thing is that it seems like there is a specific tang on the choke pull-off side which must be indexed to go into the hole on the pull-off and keep it engaged? But that might be replaced by a short right-angle turn of the new rod instead. From there, just match the length and angles of the rod. That "U" section is where any adjustments take place. Widen it slightly to lengthen the rod, narrow it to shorten the rod to get the correct amount of pull-off of the choke plate on a cold engine. But finding one from a carb could work best, in that place, too.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Thanks again Cbody67!

I'll look through my cable/wire stash and see if I can find the correct "gauge" steel rod I can fab up.

On the side, I'll look for junked carbs for sale.

Appreciate the help Cbody67!

Thought I should update this thread after a short hiatus.

Ended up scrounging through my old stash of Carter AFB parts, found a pull off linkage I may be able to make work.

I'll consider other avenues if the linkage does not work once the AVS and the manifold is on the motor.

I believe the linkage was bought from Mike's carb parts a few years back.

20220813_170452.jpg

20220813_170527.jpg

20220813_170501.jpg

Back