Carter Carb

Clay Harrison

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone here make a recommendation on who would be the best for remanufacturing my Carter carb? I know there's a bunch of outfits out there who dip and rebuild but I'd feel better going with someone with a good track record.

My carb hasn't smelled gasoline since 1979...….

Yes, we have a member here.
Dana.
Been in the works since march, finally closed the deal a month ago. Woodruff carburetor has been in business in Youngstown Ohio for aprox. 30 yrs. I stopped by to see the owner whom I've known for 20 yrs. He said due to health reasons he was selling out to a shop in Detroit. And that they would consume him, taking his assets and customers and Woodruff carb would be no more. So after a few days of consideration I drove back up and told him That I would like to buy it and carry on the name. So I've been in an apprenticeship since March, now I own it. He is still in the shop everyday (thank god) and things are rolling along. We do auto, marine, and industrial. Performance, Restoration, or rebuild. Here are some pics of some jobs last week.View attachment 228747 View attachment 228748 View attachment 228749 View attachment 228753 View attachment 228754

Well I've spoken to Dana and my carb will go out to him on Monday. I'll be sure and post a before and after on my resto thread. Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This place is awesome!!!

Back