SOLD Carter Thermoquad 440 HP CA Number 9049S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar6672

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a Carter Thermoquad for a 1974 440 HP CA (California) application. The model number is 9049S. This carburetor is extremely clean and does not appear to have any significant wear. The phenolic body is very nice. This carburetor is missing the idle solenoid and bracket as shown by the photos. I am asking $150 plus shipping.

TQ 1.JPG

TQ 2.JPG

TQ 3.JPG

TQ 4.JPG

TQ 5.JPG

TQ 6.JPG

TQ 7.JPG

Is this carb considered as a core for rebuild or plug n play??
How long has it not been used??
Any play in the throttle shaft??
Thanks in advance

This is not core in the sense it needs restoration. I am not sure how long it has been on the shelf. I can pull the air horn and inspect the float bowls and check the accelerator pump for pliability. I’ll take some more photos and give the throttle shafts a check as well. I understand that looks can be deceiving.

I inspected the carb more closely and this is what I can tell you without disassembly:
  1. It is obvious that someone put in a rebuild kit recently. Gaskets are fresh looking as is the accelerator pump shaft.
  2. All parts are visibly clean and is very good condition. The phenolic housing is really nice.
  3. The throttle shafts have some play with the primaries feeling a bit looser than the secondaries as you might expect.
I can pull the top off if you are very interested. I do not know the history because I bought it with other parts as a group. Some I needed and others I did not.

I inspected the carb more closely and this is what I can tell you without disassembly:
  1. It is obvious that someone put in a rebuild kit recently. Gaskets are fresh looking as is the accelerator pump shaft.
  2. All parts are visibly clean and is very good condition. The phenolic housing is really nice.
  3. The throttle shafts have some play with the primaries feeling a bit looser than the secondaries as you might expect.
I can pull the top off if you are very interested. I do not know the history because I bought it with other parts as a group. Some I needed and others I did not.
Clear your PM box it is full. Thanks

Decided not to buy it.
Nice carb but the Canadian dollar took a dump.
The exhange rate is 40 percent ...ouch
Blame it on the CoronaVirus and stock market crash....ugh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back