Cast Iron Push Button 727 leak

Lip ALWAYS goes towards the oil, against the pressure. Install like the one on the right.

Use a proper seal pick - the hooked/bent one from Snap On 4pc set - to get the old seals out.

In my post (30) it was an original seal and i'm sure that the replacements seals are different, because also they 're used on 727 Tqf. Note that on original seal the larger side (not seen on pic) is flat, no groove. When we overhaul trans. we put the seal as seen on the right side on your pic.

In my post (30) it was an original seal and i'm sure that the replacements seals are different, because also they 're used on 727 Tqf. Note that on original seal the larger side (not seen on pic) is flat, no groove. When we overhaul trans. we put the seal as seen on the right side on your pic.
Good to know! I swapped mine out today. The one I took out is the same style as the one I put in. Piece of cake. The old one popped right out. It was easy to see why it was leaking. Now, (thanks to you) I have another new one if I ever need it. Usually that means it will never fail again.

Back